FS:Three KOA tenor ukuleles (Europe)

Gildo

Reaction score
Hi, all.
I am selling my three KOA tenor or tenor scale ukuleles. Just to reduce the size of my collection of instruments since a new ukulele will come to my home.
Due to the fretboard is made of rosewood, only Europe market is considered.

Photos of the three ukuleles:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q1rnhoi3hu60r61/AADdx1iU7wDiGCpYGUCrhnsda?dl=0

1. Pono PKT-2-E. (Like new conditions - 800 euros)

It has a passive pickup. It is solid, mastergrade curly Koa (front, back and sides). The pictures just don't do it justice. Don't confuse it with the current Acacia Ponos. It is bound in Ebony with rope binding/purfling. Rosewood fretboard and bridge. Paua shell rosette. It also has a truss rod. They are no longer being made. My understanding is that when these were made, they were one of the highest end Ponos available.

It is in like new condition. (my parents bought my sister this pono, but she barely played, not exceed 20 times i believe.) It sounds just as good as it looks. Now it is installed by a new set of Aquila strings.

2. Kanilea K1-Deluxe (Mint condition-1000 euors)

Deluxe Curly Koa Back and Sides
Deluxe Curly Koa top
UV Gloss: UV cured, full protection polyester finish; pore fill, three sprays of Gloss product, sanded and buffed, also known as High Gloss
Radiused back
Rosewood fretboard
Abalone position markers
rosewood bridge
Chrome Kanile`a Open Geared tuners w/ Black buttons
NuBone nut & compensated saddle
Aquila low g strings

It is in like new condition. (my parents bought my sister the pono, me the kanilea, but I usually play my old ukulele to improve my skills.) It sounds just as good as it looks. Now it is installed by a set of Aquila low g strings.

3. Lanikai LK-1SC (good condition-600 euors) (SOLD)

This is a beautiful Lanikai LK-1SC : concert uke but tenor scale. Hawaiian-made by Kanile’a. All solid koa body, mahogany neck with 19 fret rosewood fingerboard, abalone dot inlays, rosewood bridge with white bridge pins, Tusq nut & saddle, Grover open geared tuners, handcrafted in Kaneohe, O'ahu Hawaii by Kanile’a Ukulele a few years ago. It comes with living water strings and a hard shell foam case.

It is in good condition. (It has accompany me for the most time.) It sounds just as good as it looks.

Fell free to send me PM if you have any questions.

Thanks all.PonoKanileaLanikai1.jpgPonoKanileaLanikai2.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom