Iz would have turned 50 this month

Thanks John, for the reminder ... that song has been around for as long as I can remember and a fitting tribute to Iz.

mahalos for that. i also just checked out his Mackey Freary tribute and the Mauna Loa cover with `Ukulele Aya. Maika`i no e Keone! Love that you also have the chords in the notes! now if i can only cockaroach the tabs for the picking for Kawailehua`a`alakahonua...

I know what you mean, my picking sucks so I happy with just the chords and lyrics. BTW, how's da falsetto practice going?

haha the falsetto is going, well, rather unsuccessfully. i finally tried recording and my voice at a higher range is sour. i think if i keep within my range it should work. My dad has the same trouble but at least my voice no crack, but the guy charges no shame. hahaha

"I Kona" will have to wait until after I get "Pauoa Liko Ka Lehua" down.

back on topic. it was a lovely recording Keonepax. sadly, part of me was very "oversaturated" with Israel Kamakawiwo`ole -- the commercials, the folks on the continent that always let me know how they like him, etc.-- I just could not listen to his music anymore. but certain chance moments, such as your video, it makes me fondly remember Iz and his contribution to Hawaiiana and the Hawaiian Community, both Local and Kanaka. He truly was the soundtrack of my teenage years and early twenties.

Mahalos for the nice comments! :shaka:

I was just driving home listening to Radio 2, it was raining, but the sun was shining. Then they played Iz's Somewhere Over The Rainbow. This is why I love the ukulele. In the right hands it can be the most beautiful instrument.

Top Bottom