Yardbird Suite - Charlie Parker

Really lovely. I could see you chasing the bass notes. Excellent stuff. I would like to hear more from you!
Mike

Really lovely. I could see you chasing the bass notes. Excellent stuff. I would like to hear more from you!
Mike

Thanks Mike! haha I "just happen" to have a few more - might as well throw those up here too.

oops - one more

Last edited:
Wow, this is amazing! Following you on YouTube. :)

What a nice treat !
Didn’t know ukulele can sound like this
Eyes opening. Where have you been all these time?
Thumb ups!

Hey thanks Brenda! I've been around - but most people are into the singin' and strummin' (not that there's anything wrong with that) but I'm not much of a singer. Glad you enjoyed these tunes!

Holy moly!
Fantan.
You must be a jazz guitarist?
I would love to hear about your transition to uke, if there was one.

You made my day! Thanks for posting, just love the sound.

Wow, this is amazing! Following you on YouTube. :)

Thank you Margaret, you're welcome!

Wow! Great stuff! I am speechless.

You are so welcome!

Holy moly!
Fantan.
You must be a jazz guitarist?
I would love to hear about your transition to uke, if there was one.

Thank you! I'm more of a jazz wannabee :) I also play guitar and 5-string banjo and I merged some techniques from both and transferred them to the ukulele. Whatever instrument, I always try and play the music I love and jazz is one of them. Anyway, after hearing Jake play I realized that this instrument has not limits, so anything is game!

great stuff. very enjoyable.

Thanks - so glad you enjoyed it!

Really nice! Thank you!

Welcome!

You made my day! Thanks for posting, just love the sound.

Thanks! That Martin tenor records really well.

Wow, this is totally awesome playing Laurence, it's really nice to see you posting here again! :D Thanks for sharing mate.

Thanks Campbell, it's nice to be back and cool to hear some great new players on here!

Amazing stuff.

Thanks for the nice comment!

so wild good, brother.
how you managed to arrange Bird's song blows my mind,
and play it so beautifully.

Laurence,
Being new to the uke, and relatively new to this site, I have since found many members here I have denoted ‘heroes’ of mine and a complete inspiration to me. I’ve just discovered you and immediately listed you among their exhaled ranks! lol
Seriously, great playing and feel my new friend. I look forward to seeing much more from you over the months to come.
Luv n stuff,
Dave

Terrific playing. You have great style and play some really nice lines. There is an ease to your playing that is very appealing, especially as those are not easy tunes. Bravo!

Wow, wonderful, Laurence! Love it! Jazz sounds great on the uke! :)

So glad you enjoyed it! Yes, I think that just about any kind of music can be played on the uke :)

Laurence,
Being new to the uke, and relatively new to this site, I have since found many members here I have denoted ‘heroes’ of mine and a complete inspiration to me. I’ve just discovered you and immediately listed you among their exhaled ranks! lol
Seriously, great playing and feel my new friend. I look forward to seeing much more from you over the months to come.
Luv n stuff,
Dave

Thanks Dave, that's quite an honor - hope I don't disappoint!

Terrific playing. You have great style and play some really nice lines. There is an ease to your playing that is very appealing, especially as those are not easy tunes. Bravo!

Thanks, you just said what every musician would like to hear. Not too sure about the "ease" part, that is just an illusion! :)

so wild good, brother.
how you managed to arrange Bird's song blows my mind,
and play it so beautifully.

Well, somebody's got to do it :) Glad you enjoyed my attempt at this tune by Bird...

Top Bottom