New Magic Fluke Solid Body

That is a gorgeous instrument.

Ooh very nice. Want one. I confirmed with them that it's the same neck profile as the normal Fluke (some love them / some not so much - I
personally find them comfy)

New Magic Fluke Solid Body.....Who's going to buy one first and give us a nice review???

https://www.magicfluke.com/category-s/1949.htm

I can resist this one. I'm not that eager to amplify and let the world hear my playing. : )

Typo? "...60 second charge is good for 20 hours of play." I could understand a 60 minute charge, but just one minute?

I can resist this one. I'm not that eager to amplify and let the world hear my playing. : )

Typo? "...60 second charge is good for 20 hours of play." I could understand a 60 minute charge, but just one minute?

Yes! I saw the MiSi in action. It's fantastic! Plug it in for one minute, and you're good to go. :)

I'm interested in a tenor Fluke solid body. Not sure how I'd like the neck profile. I played a concert Flea with plastic fretboard not too long ago and wasn't all that impressed, but the action was high, and there were no grip strips on the back.

Yep. MiSi is great. I have two ukuleles with this pick-up. I hardest thing for me is keeping track of now long I've been playing & when to recharge. I just plug in every other month or so for 60 seconds on the uke I play every Sunday in church & carry the charger with me just in case. No batteries to change.....awesome.

Last edited:
That does look nice. But why the heck did they put the output jack on the bottom? Right where it will stick out if you try to play while seated? Right next to the endpin would have been SO much better. (IMNSHO)

Solid_Body-Fluke-6T.jpg

That does look nice. But why the heck did they put the output jack on the bottom?
Good question. The combo jack/pin arrangement makes more sense to me as well, but I have two other ukes with the "on the bottom" configuration- the Ohana TKS-15E and the Imua shown here: https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?122296-NTMUD-Imua-iET

So it is a fairly common design

ETA: make that 3 - Konablaster is also on the bottom - https://forum.ukuleleunderground.co...UD-Blue-Star-Konablaster-Short-Scale-Baritone

Last edited:
Ahh looks so nice... I don't have experience with electric ukes. What are the pros and cons of solid body vs. An acoustic with pick-up? What about this one vs. a chambered solid body like the Pono (other than a bit more volume when unplugged)?

Ahh looks so nice... I don't have experience with electric ukes. What are the pros and cons of solid body vs. An acoustic with pick-up? What about this one vs. a chambered solid body like the Pono (other than a bit more volume when unplugged)?
I used to own one of the original Fluke SBs. I really liked it, but then my needs are specialized: I perform in a ukulele duo, and often take the role of a "lead" player, sometimes using effect pedals. In my opinion, pedals generally work better with steel-stringed instruments (e.g., my Risa LP tenor), but something about the sound of the Fluke SB made it work OK with some pedals. For example, I used it with a tremolo pedal, and liked the result.

The Fluke SB had a nice punch and presence to it that I enjoyed. (I've since bought a Pono chambered solidbody tenor; I was expecting to love it, but I have not warmed up to it in the same way as I did the Fluke.) However, the original Fluke SB had a fatal flaw, in my opinion: The neck angle was too shallow. As a result, I could never get the action as low as I wanted. The new Fluke SB has finally addressed this issue with its bolt-on neck. With this type of construction, one can use a shim in the neck pocket to increase the neck angle if necessary. Once I get past some current financial priorities, I may take a chance on purchasing the new Fluke SB to see if it retains the positive qualities of its predecessor while overcoming its main significant shortcoming.

Why put the jack underneath......

So that you can unplug it by treading on the lead..... ;)

I'm like you, I often sit whilst (attempting) to play, & having a jack in that position is really awkward, so they obviously think you're going to be standing all the time.

Why put the jack underneath......

So that you can unplug it by treading on the lead..... ;)

I'm like you, I often sit whilst (attempting) to play, & having a jack in that position is really awkward, so they obviously think you're going to be standing all the time.
I can understand the disadvantages of locating the jack on the side. On the other hand, putting it in the end pin prevents one from using common floor-standing ukulele stands if you use cables with straight plugs and want to keep your uke plugged in during breaks.

I can understand the disadvantages of locating the jack on the side. On the other hand, putting it in the end pin prevents one from using common floor-standing ukulele stands if you use cables with straight plugs and want to keep your uke plugged in during breaks.
I play a uke with an end pin pick-up every Sunday at church. Our band is up & down through-out the church service, so I had to have a stand for my uke. I modified an inexpensive guitar stand to elevate the cradle higher from the floor. I flipped the cradle part upside down & secured it in place with duct tape. It works fine.
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Musici...-Guitar-Stand.gc?pdpSearchTerm=ukulele stands

Last edited:
Top Bottom