Chordette

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I just found out about a great little $10 program called Chordette. It lets you select, paste, and print chord diagrams. I type out lots of music for our group, and getting those chord pictures was always a challenge.

Unfortunately, installing it and getting it to work was not as easy as I had hoped. Their directions/illustrations didn't match what I had in Windows 10. I eventually got it installed, and I put the icon on the Taskbar. Now I can select a diagram, copy it, and then paste it into a word processor. I was not able to paste it here, though

https://www.ukefarm.com/chordette/

Chordette has been mentioned a lot of times in the past; last summer I worked with John Baxter (he did the work—I added some thoughts) to create Chordette for Education, which has just been donated to Ukulele Kids Club for their use. Chordette for Education is available in colors (on Mac) to match KIDS strings and there is a 3D fretboard version as well—these greatly simplify instruction. I’ll see if I have a screen shot I can attach. I use Chordette in all of my videos (not always colors).

He also offers Chordette for a number of tunings, as well as a creative tab solution.

Chordette is really a two-part program—a font and the small program that really acts as an index. If you learn the key assignments of the fonts, you don’t have to open the Chordette app.

While we haven’t met, we have e-mailed a lot, and John Baxter is a wonderful man, and the work he has done to support ukulele is wonderful—and a bargain purchase, too.

Top Bottom