PDA

View Full Version : Nightmoves (Michael Franks)

keonepax
06-13-2018, 03:37 AM
Love this song from Michael Franks 1976 album called "The Art of Tea." Hope you like my rendition:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGFHUefJViE

SoloRule
06-13-2018, 03:59 AM
Love love love it
Love your strings pulling the best.

Wingnutz
06-13-2018, 05:17 AM
Lots of good material on that album, a lot of it uke friendly too. Nice job on that one! Thanks for posting.

Jim Hanks
06-13-2018, 07:53 AM
What, still playing that old KU after getting the new MB? :p

Nice job.

keonepax
06-13-2018, 11:30 AM
Thanks, Brenda! I'm not good at it, but string-bending is a fun technique to mess around with!

Thanks, Laurence! Yes, I agree! I tried Popsicle Toes years ago and have been wanting to give NIghtmoves a try for a long time. There's at least one more song from this album I want to try someday!

Thanks, Jim! I didn't want to try string-bending on the Moore Bettah. I'm treating that baby gently! My Kanile's will remain my workhorse ukulele, but you haven't seen the last of the MB! :)

Camsuke
06-13-2018, 11:47 AM
Fabulous work John, I'd be keeping the MB wrapped in cotton wool as well! :D

Wingnutz
06-13-2018, 11:53 AM
Thanks, Brenda! I'm not good at it, but string-bending is a fun technique to mess around with!

Thanks, Laurence! Yes, I agree! I tried Popsicle Toes years ago and have been wanting to give NIghtmoves a try for a long time. There's at least one more song from this album I want to try someday!

Thanks, Jim! I didn't want to try string-bending on the Moore Bettah. I'm treating that baby gently! My Kanile's will remain my workhorse ukulele, but you haven't seen the last of the MB! :)

Oooh - how about Underneath the Apple Tree from Tiger in the Rain? That one is made for uke!!

keonepax
06-13-2018, 12:29 PM
Thanks, Campbell! Yes, you don't want to ding or scratch an MB. But it'll be played!

Thanks for the suggestion, Laurence! I'll check it out. I just found out Michael Franks has a nice album out, too! :)