Aquila low wound g strings

uber_uke

Reaction score
Hi I just purchased and installed Aquila's low wound g strings on my lanikia LU21p soprano and i was wondering if the wound g string would have too much tension and mess up my uke?

i didnt know they made a wound g string for a soprano

i didnt think u could get low g for soprano!

i have them on my lanakai tenor work fine. cept the g string is MESSED up atm. but its just for messing around.

dont think so. but it might cut into the nut and cause buzzing if you were to put back regular stings. if it does, crazy glue is a quick fix.

Low G

I have not had good luck with the Aquila Low G strings on either of the `ukes I've put them on. They sound a little buzzy. It could be the `ukes fault, however. I spoke with Herb Ohta, Jr. about this problem and he recommended the Worth fluorocarbon strings..they are not wound. We'll have them on our website www.kani-ka-pila.com in a couple of weeks.;)

I use Aquilas with the wound low G string on my applause.. They don't buzz... Intonation is very good as well. The only bad thing I can think of right now is their durability. After 2 month of playing they're usually ruined.

Thanks for all the replys, I guess my uke should be fine since the strings were made for soprano.

Top Bottom