Need your help with the value of a banjo uke

If you are looking at the one on Craigslist, that is in Portland I would go for it the price is good. Looks like it might be fun.:music:

A bit of a funny story. So I drive all the way to Longview Washington, about 40 miles north of Portland, in the driving rain. Once I arrive, I pull into the ATM lane of a local bank. When I get up to the ATM I start looking for my wallet, which I realize I have left in my desk at work earlier in the day when I went to the gym. God's way of telling me I don't need the banjo uke. So I go by the guy's house anyway to check it out, thinking maybe he would take my watch and my half-eaten sandwich in trade. It turns out that the uke is in mint condition as advertised - but really sounds like crap. It almost seems more like a toy than an instrument. Albeit a heavily constructed toy. So I play it a bit, tell the guy my story and apologize for wasting his time.

A blessing in disguise methinks.

A bit of a funny story. So I drive all the way to Longview Washington, about 40 miles north of Portland, in the driving rain. Once I arrive, I pull into the ATM lane of a local bank. When I get up to the ATM I start looking for my wallet, which I realize I have left in my desk at work earlier in the day when I went to the gym. God's way of telling me I don't need the banjo uke. So I go by the guy's house anyway to check it out, thinking maybe he would take my watch and my half-eaten sandwich in trade. It turns out that the uke is in mint condition as advertised - but really sounds like crap. It almost seems more like a toy than an instrument. Albeit a heavily constructed toy. So I play it a bit, tell the guy my story and apologize for wasting his time.

A blessing in disguise methinks.

Methinks you're right.
I wish that had been the case when I went to try out some vintage Martins. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom