Takumi TS-1K Soprano Ukulele Solid Koa

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogfingers

Reaction score
SOLD SOLD SOLD! THank you

Wonderful uke; can hardly find these in the states; MUST SELL: MAKE REASONABLE OFFER

Due to CITES restrictions and the rosewood on this one, shipping and sales to lower 48 United States; sorry; thanks for understanding.

I love this uke; I play it almost daily; I also play mandolin every day and I need to raise some funds.

One small fingernail moon-shaped scratch on the upper bout which can be seen in the photos; other playing scuffs/light scratches could not be captured on camera.

This is a $1200 uke new, if you can find one. Made by Takumi- a sister or parent company to Kiwaya, so it is of the finest Japanese craftsmanship.

"Takumi" actually means "artisan" in Japanese; this uke lives up to its name

This uke sings, punches, barks, and whatever else you want it to do.
Good clear notes with actual, playable sustain up to the body, a rarity in sopranos.

It has opened up nicely since I've owned it, but it's time to send it out into the world.
Here are the specs:

Solid figured koa top, back, and sides, tortoise body binding, Honduran mahogany neck, Indian rosewood fingerboard with ivoroid dots, koa headstock overlay with ivoroid inlaid logo, rosewood bridge, Gotoh plantary tuners, 1-7/16" nut, ~13-1/2" scale

Some jeepers creepers intro for you; pardon the sound and playing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKutUdLGPhI

I'm asking $700.00 with $30 for shipping; I'll cover any additional shipping charges and insurance. BUT I do need to sell as soon as possible, so I will consider reasonable offers as well. Because I need to raise some funds, I will not be offering a return any longer on this one, but I can just about guarantee you'll love this thing and of course, if something were to go wrong, I'll handle any issues.

I have 100% positive feedback on ebay and reverb and have done some business here as well

Paypal preferred;

Any inquires, please email me directly at: marktwincity@yahoo.com

IMG_0719.jpg
IMG_0690.jpgIMG_0691.jpgIMG_0721.jpgIMG_0720.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful uke! A true soprano has 12 frets to the body. Is your Takumi a super soprano?

Hi- THanks! Yes, it is a true soprano; the scale length is just slightly longer than most sopranos at 13.5", but the non-traditional body shape accommodates the access to the higher frets and puts the bridge a little closer to the sound hole. Thanks for your interest- best
Mark

I have the 3K version of this. Absolutely incredible ukes, Takumi really know what they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom