Gotoh on Firefly

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I received my Firefly from Pennylane Emporium yesterday, and I put Gotoh tuners on it. Huge difference in tuning! I used a generic reamer from Amazon, and that maple was hard to cut.

I posted a NUD about a Firefly a couple of weeks ago, but that one went to a friend, and I ordered this one. The first Firefly had white tuning buttons, while this one had black. I put regular geared Grovers on a Fluke a while ago, but I thought I'd like Gotohs on this one. I love the sound of the Firefly.

The first two pictures show the original tuners.

04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg

Maple is freakin' hard! I once tried building a mandolin (fail) and I tried to cut the maple headstock profile with a coping saw. It didn't cope too well-- about 10 ruined blades later, I decided sanding it smooth would do just fine.

I received my Firefly from Pennylane Emporium yesterday, and I put Gotoh tuners on it. Huge difference in tuning! I used a generic reamer from Amazon, and that maple was hard to cut.

I posted a NUD about a Firefly a couple of weeks ago, but that one went to a friend, and I ordered this one. The first Firefly had white tuning buttons, while this one had black. I put regular geared Grovers on a Fluke a while ago, but I thought I'd like Gotohs on this one. I love the sound of the Firefly.

The first two pictures show the original tuners.

View attachment 109890 View attachment 109891 View attachment 109892 View attachment 109893

Are those the regular or the long version? I ordered my Tenor Firefly a year ago with the upgrade to Peghed tuners, and am not impressed - wish I'd gone this route instead.

Top Bottom