Headstock & white buttons on my 2006

Attachments

• DSCF1488.jpg
    DSCF1488.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF1490.jpg
    DSCF1490.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 15
My DVI, delivered in 2008, has pearl white buttons.

Mine has these. I know the Scepter was launched 7/7/07, but the five prototypes being sold by Koaloha have red buttons, probably because that's what they have on hand. I thought I replace the whites with amber Gotohs.

Scepter  (8).jpg

Last edited:
Mine has these. I know the Scepter was launched 7/7/07, but the five prototypes being sold by Koaloha have red buttons, probably because that's what they have on hand. I thought I replace the whites with amber Gotohs.

View attachment 109959
Yep, those look like mine. They aren't my favorite tuner. Very touchy, but I can't bring myself to replace them. They have such a unique, vintage look. They do hold a tune really well. Unless there's a big temp. or humidity difference, I rarely have to tune much.

Yep, those look like mine. They aren't my favorite tuner. Very touchy, but I can't bring myself to replace them. They have such a unique, vintage look. They do hold a tune really well. Unless there's a big temp. or humidity difference, I rarely have to tune much.

My KoAloha is a 2007 and has the white tuners. I agree they aren't the best but I also can't bring myself to change them. They seem to have multiple friction layers... an outer, chunkier layer and a smooth inner one with a small turning arc. It's hard to describe but I must say I find the tuners overly finicky.

My KoAloha is a 2007 and has the white tuners. I agree they aren't the best but I also can't bring myself to change them. They seem to have multiple friction layers... an outer, chunkier layer and a smooth inner one with a small turning arc. It's hard to describe but I must say I find the tuners overly finicky.

Like you, I hate to ruin the original look, so I'll leave them on for a while. Your description of the layers sound like a candy bar. : )

Top Bottom