Uke U 7 - Bend, OR - Can’t decide what sessions I should go to...

Which ever subject/tutor takes your fancy.
I have been to many workshops, and I reckon that if I come away having learnt just one thing, It will have been worthwhile.
H

That’s an amazing lineup. I would decide which workshops contribute to the style I want to play and narrow my choices that way. I have attended workshops by Lil’ Rev, Sarah and Craig and all have been excellent. I don’t think you can go wrong with anything you choose.

Please give a report once you get back.

One consideration is the main hall can seat hundreds, while the other rooms are classrooms that comfortably seat 20-30 adults. So, space fills quickly in the smaller classrooms, and getting to those rooms early is encouraged.

Bill

Thanks for all the advice so far! I’d love to hear more. Thanks!

Outstanding: Lil' Rev, Craig Chee, Sarah Maisel.

I look on these sessions more as entertainment than as education. They all give you more info than you can handle so you'll have something to think about and work on later. If you get one solid idea or technique from a workshop, it was successful. Th effect of these workshops is cumulative.

If possible, I would go to a uke fest and go to only Lil' Rev workshops. He's that good.

Last edited:
Andy Andrews currently runs PUKA, the Puna Ukulele and Kanikapila Association, which USED TO meet in Leilani Estates on the Big Island. Sigh. (He found us another space to use.) He previewed the Chord Progressions unit for us a few weeks ago. That was fun. I’ve also been part of his Make the blues sound like Blues session. Recommended, as well.
BTW, Andy also led Ukulele Club of Santa Cruz for years.

I’ve been a fan of Cathy Fink and Marcy Marxer for over 30 years. I swear, between the two of them, probably at least one of them plays any non-bowed stringed instrument you can think of.

Top Bottom