Taking a break from buying Ukuleles

Osprey

Reaction score
I am taking a break from buying new Ukes for a bit. I am instead starting to accumulate gear. I am having a K&K Aloha Twin installed in my Cedar topped Baritone. Now I need to get an Acoustic Amp, maybe a pre-amp, and I am starting to research pedals. There are many ways to spend money.

These are all good ways to spend "ukulele" money Cliif. I really enjoy plugging as it gives you options on shaping the sound. Playing open mics is so much easier when you can just plug in as well. You will need a pre amp for that K&K pickup, the same company makes very good ones. I have a small Yamaha THR 5 amp that is fun to practice with and a Fishman loud box mini, much more powerful that I have used for live performances.

I've not suffered from UAS, but I have bought a lot of everything else. :)

I got my Baritone back yesterday with the K & K Aloha Twin installed. I tried it directly into the only amp I have (s cheap Fender Squire designed for entry level electric guitars). I was amazed at how much output I got out of the passive pickup. It sounded OK but not great. Now looking to get an Acoustic amp and pre amp. Need to keep the costs fairly reasonable, It would be mostly for practice and small venues.
I was looking at the MUGIG BM25. It has two channels and a recharable battery. I have seen mixed reviews but seems like a good value.

Any recommendations?

That Fishman amp Dave mentioned is awesome.

I hear ya on the extras. I ordered a custom capo by Bill Stokes for a guitar I had built. $120.00; plus two sets of fingerpicks made by Bill with the same nickel material and stamping from pre warII National fingerpicks were made. Since I was in the buying mood, I added a custom thumbpick and three picks. I'm really looking forward to trying these out.

I justify buying "extras" as they'll go with instruments that'll get passed down to future generations of family pickers. On our third gen. now. It's so cool watching the kids trying to keep up with their grandpa and great uncles.

I've got the same Yamaha amp Dave has and works great for small venues with up to 18 uke players playing acoustically.. I use it with my Chennel archtop baritone and K&K P/u with their mini preamp. I also us a Phil Jones small bass amp for really clean sound and can add pedals for effects if needed.

Top Bottom