Looking for a 'super' soprano

etudes

Reaction score
Thoughts on a Kanile'a soprano

I've thinned the collection this year and ready to possibly add a soprano that sounds good on finger-picking tunes. One that keeps standing out as I listen to sound samples is the Kanile'a K-1 super soprano. I hear a melodic voice that doesn't thin out even high up on the fret board. A sweeter sounding soprano. I'd appreciate any thoughts or suggestions. What other soprano's in this price range might I be missing?

Last edited:
I have a KoAloha Super Soprano. It is one of my favorites. Superb clarity, bright and loud. In my opinion, it sounded better than my Kanile'a Concert. You should give it some serious considerations.

I love my koa Oulcraft Super Soprano (from Ukulele Friend)! And it's beautiful, too. ("Virtue is like a rich stone, best plain set," as Francis Bacon says...and this ukulele always makes me think of this quote...the sound and feel of it are "rich" for sure:)

Member sam13 owned a Koaloha super soprano that I played many times. It was very impressive with a big full sound for a little instrument. I have owned a few Koaloha and played many of them, their tone is VERY consistent from one instrument to the next. Kanilea make a great uke but I've never played their super soprano so can't comment other than the HMS videos sound wonderful

Top Bottom