Reaction score
Cocobolo - Sad News

Sad news from, Nicaragua.
----------------------------------

Kevin Keith shared a link.
Admin · June 20 at 3:15 PM
Hello again Cocobolo Family!

Unfortunately, we have some sad news to share with you:

It has been a stressful time in Nicaragua over the last 2 months as there has been political unrest that has led to large protests. The protests have turned violent as the government forces have been attacking and killing many peaceful protesters. I believe that the death toll is around 220 now. It has been really sad.

Things seem to be on a downward spiral, so last week my wife and I decided to get away from the chaos and to visit our family in the USA. Most of the violence has been taking place at the protests, so our workers have decided that they want to keep working hard and building new ukuleles in the meantime. The country has been shut down by these events, and unemployment is around 70%, so we are happy that we can still provide high paying jobs for our workers.

We will be watching the situation closely and waiting for the right time to return to Nicaragua. I will be sure to keep you posted as we make any plans.

Thank you for you patience in the meantime.

If you are interested in learning more, the New York Times published an article today about the events:

https://www.nytimes.com/…/nicaragua-peace-talks-violence.ht…

Viva Cocobolo!

Last edited:
Sad indeed. Lucky to have gotten one of their ukes!
Correction: It is cocobolo ukuleles, putting it here to let search engines do their magic

Yes, I saw his post on FB. Kevin and I try to stay in touch, because we have 2 Cocobolo Ukuleles, and I get a lot of questions about them.
Sad story about Nicaragua. Seems like some nasty people have taken over several governments.

Some nasty people have taken over the government here in the USA too....but I digress....

Have heard nothing but good things about these ukes. I have an old Boat Paddle with cocobolonback and sides...beautiful wood!

Thoughts and prayers for Nicouraga

Top Bottom