retractable ukulele

the neck appears to be very wide and the channel behind the neck is generally where I would place
my thumb... so not sure how comfortable to play.

that said, it's wonderful how creative builders can be when it comes to creating the ultimate TRAVEL Ukulele!

keep it up and keep uke'in', :)

Too much sacrifice of sound for portability. Here is one step less to view the video.

Daniel participates on these forums, and likes to do various ukulele projects. He also does some other scattered reviews. I know he was just at the Utah Ukulele Festival, running a session on “Build a One String Canjo.”

Most of his efforts seem to be for the experience of building and to see if things can be done, rather than building instruments for sound.

To make a collapsible ukulele and think it would have Kamaka or Martin sound would be unrealistic.

Interesting see these inventions. Actually there is no practical solution and never will be that change the string tension as a good travel option.
Probably a compact soprano is with aesthetics the best option.

Excluding the good looks option and also some sound quality, I would think removing the uke's head and putting a zero fret there. And combining the bridge with tuners on the other end is the way, maybe leave some wood for the clip-in tuner in the cut off head.

Top Bottom