Mim Off eBay?

Jerryc41

Reaction score
It looks like Mim is no longer selling on eBay, but she is still on Reverb. I guess that makes sense. Why have two separate online stores when one will work just as well?

Wherever she is, she's a great source for ukuleles.

Yeah, I think she has been off ebay for a while. I am not sure what the fees are on each, but it may be a better deal

She was on ebay but moved her business to Reverb because Reverb was a better outlet for her. There was a transition period when she was on both. Evidently the transition has been completed.

You could probably do her a favor by ordering directly and just having her invoice you via Paypal.

While I buy off eBay, I will no longer sell there. My last transactions ended up costing at least 20% of the transaction by the time that eBay listing fees, final eBay fees, and PayPal fees were deducted...and that is if the auction even sold at the item’s value (which I consider to be significantly less than new). Any service that can eliminate those problems is worth dealing with.

Reverb's fees are substantially lower. 3.5% for Reverb, 10% for eBay. In both cases there's a 2.9% + $0.30 fee for PayPal. Reverb also has a lower cap/max fee ($350 vs. $750).

Reverb is rather specialized, though, so I think eBay may produce more sales and more revenue overall, but Mim may not need that extra business as she's by now well-known and Reverb increases the profit margin.

I just recieved an KoAloha Tenor from MIM today! Played for about an hour but now I'm here and have other evening things to do....I'll play later.

Called her up, had some questions, had a nice chat, made the deal, paid over the phone, shipped, received, happy uke player :cool:

She's also revamped her website, so that may be part of it. It looks good!

Top Bottom