Kiwaya serial numbers

etudes

Reaction score
Anyone know how to interpret Kiwaya serial numbers? My recently purchased circa 2006-2007 KTC-2 is #324. Maybe the 324th uke made since they started numbering or??

If nothing else it would be interesting to hear (from Kiwaya owners) what your serial numbers are and approximate age and we might crowd-source the beginning of an answer.

Last edited:
I have a relatively new kts-5 with serial #1432.

You can write to Kiwaya and the they will tell you.

Hi Ziret,

I actually did reach out to them recently and didn't know whether to expect a reply so that's encouraging. I know I'm a getting off in the weeds a bit, but I'm so impressed with the Kiwaya brand.

I'm really glad to hear you like them. I do too, obviously. I'm pretty sure the serial numbers are just consecutive order from when they were made. If I remember right, my KTS-6 was number 38 or so. Two digits, anyway. My ktc-2 is 1548. They must be selling a lot of unnumbered Famous ukes to keep the factory going!

I'm really glad to hear you like them. I do too, obviously. I'm pretty sure the serial numbers are just consecutive order from when they were made. If I remember right, my KTS-6 was number 38 or so. Two digits, anyway. My ktc-2 is 1548. They must be selling a lot of unnumbered Famous ukes to keep the factory going!

That's what is interesting about the serial numbers -getting a sense of how many of each model are being made over the years (assuming each model has it's own unique sequence). I just removed the 11 year old strings off the KTC-2, used a little 0000 steel wool on the frets, and going to try worth browns (that's what I have in the string box).. I'm excited to hear it!

Last edited:
My KS-1, which I bought used from Elderly a few months back, is #4083. Do I wish the fingerboard was a rich, dark rosewood, like the older ones, instead of pale walnut? Sure, but man, what a uke, just as it is!

View attachment 11013876ii

I would love to hear one sometime. Must be relatively new with the walnut fingerboard. Simple elegance and I'm sure the walnut will darken over time. Thanks for registering your serial number with this thread :)

Last edited:
My KS-1, which I bought used from Elderly a few months back, is #4083. Do I wish the fingerboard was a rich, dark rosewood, like the older ones, instead of pale walnut? Sure, but man, what a uke, just as it is!

View attachment 11013876ii

Did you put the UPTs on it already? They look good. They're on my 5 too.

Attachments

• 71BF1D25-1AF6-4B06-83FB-4561A9E91E59.jpg
    71BF1D25-1AF6-4B06-83FB-4561A9E91E59.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 26
The serial number on my KS-5, also just a few months old, also walnut fretboard. I'm getting used to the color of the walnut. It's no different than an FS-5. Fantastic uke.
8FF113F6-F77A-4750-A2BD-FD17BEB184E9.jpg

Great video. Thanks for sharing. Which do you play mostly?

My KTS-4's serial number is 072. Also, there is NO gold headstock logo on the front, just the black stamp on the headstock back. I sure wish I new what year it was made.

You can ask Kiwaya when it was made, and they reply within a few days. I've had two KTS-6s, one had the sticker, the other doesn't. I can't remember which was older, but the one that doesn't have a sticker, and which I currently own, was made in 2006. Their address is famous@kiwaya.com.

Is that the email address for all of their models? If not, does anyone have their customer service email. I've not had mich success in getting a response with the one I have.

That’s the one that works. It goes to English speaking customer service.

Top Bottom