VTAB FS-C25 Concert - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
Thanks for this review Baz. I always look forward to the next one.
If you haven't salted and stirred a lot of UAS, no one has!
It sure sounds like Kala and the other big name uke companies have their work cut out for them, to stay ahead of the game...

Thanks for another great review Barry! :)

If I was not planning to downsize my collection right now, I'd be very tempted to grab one of these, as it looks and sounds great and like you said, a very good value for the money.

Nice to see VTAB keeping their quality up over time too.

I ordered one from MeiVie in China, and it took about 9 days to get to me in California. Which considering it was over Christmas and new years, was fast.

Mine is the limited edition that they show for just under $200.00. It is exactly the same as the model in the review except it has ivory colored fingerboard binding with black position markers, and attractive abalone around the edge of the top board. The finish is flawless, and In my opinion the added bling gives this instrument real eyeball appeal.

As delivered the action was a little too high at both the nut and saddle. I agree with review that the strings were not great. I adjusted the action, and replaced the strings with Fremont Blackline fluorocarbon strings, which worked well with my Cordoba tenor. It now plays, and sounds very nice.

I had essentially the same experience with my first ukulele the Cordoba 21T. It appears that most of these budget instruments from China really do need to have the action worked on, and the strings replaced to fully realize the potential built into them.

If you plan to order one, then you should know that once it passes through customs USPS tracking does not work, but China Post tracking will follow it to your door.

For $200.00 shipped it's a screaming deal.

Top Bottom