All My Ukes

Jerryc41

Reaction score
Several people have asked me what ukuleles I have, since they got the idea that I have more than I should - and I definitely do. Although I have sold seventeen recently, I currently have forty-one. Here's the list, in the order I acquired them, beginning with a $20 soprano I bought in an ABC store on the Big Island in 2002. My problem is being attracted to attractive ukes and ukes that are special in some way. I also like variety. When I buy ice cream, I always pick up two different flavors. : ) Yes, I do play all of them.

Hawaiian Soprano
Koaloha Soprano
Stewart McDonald Kit Tenor
Roy Smeck Soprano
Wabash Soprano
Ohana PK-25G Pineapple
Kanile’a K-1 Soprano
Kamaka 100th Anniv Tenor
Koaloha Concert
Martin T1 IZ Tenor
Cigar Box 1
Cigar Box 2
Cigar Box 3
Enya KUT25D Tenor/Resonator
Enya KUC20 Concert
Kala Waterman Red Soprano
Gold Tone DLX Banjouke Concert
Kamaka HF-1100th Anniv Soprano
Ohana VK-70R Vita Uke Soprano
Pono PS-O Soprano
Gold Tone ResoUke Concert
Fluke Concert
Flea Soprano
Baton Rouge T8 8-string Tenor
Kanile’a Honu HNS-CP, S Concert
Ammoon Soprano
Ohana SK-21A Sopranino
Martin (1944) w/spruce top Soprano
Grateful Dead - Roses Concert
Waterman Clear Soprano
Dewdrop Soprano
Mya-Moe Resonator 1112 Tenor
Mya-Moe 2391 Concert
Koaloha Scepter KCS-07 Concert
Klos Tenor
Firefly Concert
Bruko Concert
Pono Cedar Slothead Tenor
Koaloha Scepter Concert
KoAloha Opio Soprano
KoAloha Scepter Prototype #4 Concert

Last edited:
No Jerry, you CAN play with all of them, but are you really doing that?
I think no!

Just get rid of them, my advice. Or keep looking them as a hoarder. They are beautiful things after all :)

Impressive collection. Do you have any favorites that you play more than the others? It looks like you must particularly like KoAlohas.

Anything you don't have that you still have on a wish list?

No Jerry, you CAN play with all of them, but are you really doing that?
I think no!

Just get rid of them, my advice. Or keep looking them as a hoarder. They are beautiful things after all :)

Yes, I actually do play them on a rotating basis. Sometimes, I use a random number generator to pick the one I'm going to play. : )

Impressive collection. Do you have any favorites that you play more than the others? It looks like you must particularly like KoAlohas.

Anything you don't have that you still have on a wish list?

Yes, I do like the KoAlohas. Each ukulele I have is special in one way or another, so it's going to be tough for me to get rid of any more, although I do have the Ohana pineapple and the Kanile'a K-1 soprano up for sale.

As for what I want to buy next, that will depend on what review I read next or what I see online. Right now, I don't want to buy anything.

What an amazing collection, very impressive!

Nice collection! Having a such an excellent variety of instruments can be a great learning experience. I happen to have a few ukes myself. :eek:

Now I don’t feel bad with 7!
I call it my Uke equity...$12,200
Much less than my classical guitar equity......
Ron

Nice collection, Jerry. I think different Ukuleles do well in different applications. You maybe have taken it further then most, but doing what makes you happy is the purpose of money.

Great stuff. I'm with you, I like each of my ukes to be different than the other. I've limited myself to 8 because that's all that will fit in a shelf I converted to a humidified display case. If I want another, I have to get rid of one, which I did recently with a Bruce Wei paddle style acacia koa with Hawaiian Island sound holes. I had him make me a custom brown burst uke last year for $340 with Hawaiian sound holes, but when I saw the paddle style that I didn't have, I decided to replace the brown burst. I actually raffled it to my 60 person uke group and donated the proceeds to The Ukulele Kids Club, which came to $640.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. http://www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Thanks for posting Jerry! What a great collection!

I don’t know how many I have, but I buy ‘em and sell ‘em and don’t worry about the number and I’ve never been happier. :)

The only reason I ever know how many I have is...someone always has to come in and count them! And they never count them to say what a great job you’ve done. It’s always, “Wow, you’ve got 50 ukuleles! Do you need that many?”

I usually think to myself, “Tread lightly...” ;)

Although I have sold seventeen recently, I currently have forty-one.

I guess I should count myself highly privileged to have acquired one of the seventeen! (am still enjoying the TT very much, thank you!)

I also like variety. When I buy ice cream, I always pick up two different flavors. : )

Yikes - only two? That's a minimum for me, and also a desperate signal to buy more ice cream! And don't get me started on breakfast cereal - I eat no fewer than 4 types per bowl. ;)

But I have 4 ukuleles now, all very different, and I'm satisfied. It helps that I'm not attracted to concerts and sopranos. But maybe if a harp ukulele that I could afford were to tempt me... LOL)

bratsche

Several people have asked me what ukuleles I have, since they got the idea that I have more than I should - and I definitely do. Although I have sold seventeen recently, I currently have forty-one. Here's the list, in the order I acquired them, beginning with a $20 soprano I bought in an ABC store on the Big Island in 2002. My problem is being attracted to attractive ukes and ukes that are special in some way. I also like variety. When I buy ice cream, I always pick up two different flavors. : ) Yes, I do play all of them.

Hawaiian Soprano
Koaloha Soprano
Stewart McDonald Kit Tenor
Roy Smeck Soprano
Wabash Soprano
Ohana PK-25G Pineapple
Kanile’a K-1 Soprano
Kamaka 100th Anniv Tenor
Koaloha Concert
Martin T1 IZ Tenor
Cigar Box 1
Cigar Box 2
Cigar Box 3
Enya KUT25D Tenor/Resonator
Enya KUC20 Concert
Kala Waterman Red Soprano
Gold Tone DLX Banjouke Concert
Kamaka HF-1100th Anniv Soprano
Ohana VK-70R Vita Uke Soprano
Pono PS-O Soprano
Gold Tone ResoUke Concert
Fluke Concert
Flea Soprano
Baton Rouge T8 8-string Tenor
Kanile’a Honu HNS-CP, S Concert
Ammoon Soprano
Ohana SK-21A Sopranino
Martin (1944) w/spruce top Soprano
Grateful Dead - Roses Concert
Waterman Clear Soprano
Dewdrop Soprano
Mya-Moe Resonator 1112 Tenor
Mya-Moe 2391 Concert
Koaloha Scepter KCS-07 Concert
Klos Tenor
Firefly Concert
Bruko Concert
Pono Cedar Slothead Tenor
Koaloha Scepter Concert
KoAloha Opio Soprano
KoAloha Scepter Prototype #4 Concert

got something against Kiwayas? :
;)

Wow!!! What a collection!

My first UKE is Oscar Schmidt OU5, and second is from Kaka, ka-atp-ctg-cg. They are not in your list, not even the brand.
Looks like my taste needs to be improved.

Thanks so much for sharing Jerry. What a fabulous collection.
I enjoy and am excited to see your next new NUD and what you have listed for sale.

Cheers,

Steve.

got something against Kiwayas? :
;)

I had a beautiful Kiwaya soprano, but I sold it. I was playing with a group, and one guy had a Kiwaya. it was beautiful. Within two days, I had ordered one.

Every day, I look over the list and see if there's something I can bear to part with. As any sane person can see, I have way too many.

Wow!!! What a collection!

My first UKE is Oscar Schmidt OU5, and second is from Kaka, ka-atp-ctg-cg. They are not in your list, not even the brand.
Looks like my taste needs to be improved.

I had an Oscar Schmidt spalted mango tenor- sold it. Very nice uke, but I had to sell something. I also had a soprano version of the same thing.

Top Bottom