Is it kala or is it eleuke ?

paw123los

Reaction score
Somewhat different body outline, but uncannily similar otherwise, I agree.

I bought a Risa Solid for about the same price. They come in soprano, concert and tenor.

Unbelievably well engineered. The sound is incredible. If you're happy with your collection of acoustics, an electric would add some new tricks to your sound.

The wood for the body (with that stripe down the middle) is exactly the same as an eleuke model, and the bridge looks the same (as well as heving rosewood body models as well). Infact, all the ukes under Bugsgear Eleuke are now Kala branded on mgm's ebay page. It looks to me like its a rebranding of eleukes under Kala, but I'm just going off of pictures..

If it is just a rebranding, you can get essentially the same thing (different carved body shape) on amazon.com and save 90$ on a rosewood concert or 40$ on the saplele (concert size).

I like the looks of the KALA with the double F holes much more than the Eleuke design.
Eleuke-tenor-mahogany-s.jpg
!BSWy2LQ!mk~$(KGrHgoOKicEjlLmZ3G2BKC)GkVEGg~~_1.JPG

must.... get... job... to... buy... gorgeous... ukes!!!!!

i had the eleuke and hated the sound. i dont think ill get this because they probably sound very similar. (both solid body)

Judging by youtube videos, I don't like the sound either, brad. They seem really twangy and harsh. I wonder if the Kala is more mellow.. if if some major EQing could fx it. Anyone?

they were very twangy and like sounded horribly, even when i put some aquilas on it. it was cool to practice on, but it wasnt as quiet as i thought it would be

Whoa, both of those unreleased ones are sweet! I'd love to get one to sneak into work so I can practice in near-silence.

i cannot see your argument as preperly placed frets on each scale is the same... at 17" tenor wherher on a kala bugsgear. kiwaya or Martin The fret metal size may vary but spacing is theoritically the same on all. These are not for sale R and D only...Owned by Mr Notfosale

Top Bottom