K&K Big Island Spot for Tenor ?

I have a Big Island Spot on a concert. An Aloha Twin on a Tenor.

If its a cheap uke, pick the SPOT, if its a better quality one then pick the TWIN

I am happy with both my big island and twin spots.
Both have a very natural Ukulele sound.

I have a Big Island Spot on a concert. An Aloha Twin on a Tenor.

If its a cheap uke, pick the SPOT, if its a better quality one then pick the TWIN

It's a cheap $60 uke, but it's my main uke, I guess I'll try the spot first, cause the price difference is almost 2x for the twin.
Thank you melensdad for your input!

I had to Google this.

Lol, okay thank you Jerry!

I am happy with both my big island and twin spots.
Both have a very natural Ukulele sound.

Thanks for the reply SailingUke! I think I'll go with the spot first.

Big Spot Twin Spot here and quite happy with it. Considering trying the Big Spot on a laminated Tenor.

Mine is an all solid tenor, but it's super cheap, so I'll just go with the spot first.
Thankyou Spicysteve!

I use the Big Spot for Soprano & Concert and the Twin for Tenor & Baritone :D

Do you think the big spot can handle a tenor ? Or the output won't be enough ?
I've watched your vids and they all sounded great.
thanks Camsuke!

It's a cheap $60 uke, but it's my main uke, I guess I'll try the spot first, cause the price difference is almost 2x for the twin.
Thank you melensdad for your input!
Keep in mind that the BIG SPOT is a quality pick-up, but any single pickup will be somewhat less sensitive to some tones produced across the soundboard than dual pick ups. You will not go wrong with the single BIG SPOT and its very likely that many of us would be hard pressed to tell the difference between the 2 pick ups. Certainly a sound engineer will see/hear the difference, performers will likely be able to tell, but average players will likely not notice the difference.

Top Bottom