Question for west coast uke players, Ayers uke from Buffalo Bros. Carlsbad CA

GASguy

Reaction score
I am looking for any information available on Ayers ukuleles.

I bought this uke from the old Buffalo Brother’s store in 2009; I had been an online customer of theirs and had purchased a few guitars from them, 2 of which I still own.

Anyway they listed 4 to 6 ukuleles made by a local builder and the ukes were sold under the name Ayers. I understand at one time there was an offshore company by the name Ayers, but this builder was local to Carlsbad California.

The store staff at the time told me he was a local builder and that the ukes were very high quality for the price or they would not be selling them out of their shop. At that time Buffalo Brother’s had an outstanding reputation.

The workmanship and materials certainly reflect high quality, arched Paduak back, Paduak sides, redwood top with curly redwood rosette, Cocobolo fretboard, bridge and headstock overlay with abalone and pearl sunrise inlay and abalone rectangle fretboard markers, bone nut and saddle.

The set-up and playability have been bulletproof since 2009 throughout my NJ hot humid summers and cold dry winters.

Does anyone know anything about this builder who sold under the name Ayers out of the old, and now defunct sadly, Buffalo Brothers Guitar shop?

Pictures to follow.

Top Bottom