Solea for Pono.....Ukulele Flamenco

MikeHollandGuitar

Reaction score

A Flamenco piece here. This is played in the style of a Solea. It is in 12 beats to the bar with accents on 3,6,8,10 and 12. The Soleares is the mother of Flamenco Palos and a lot of other regional styles are based on it. I hope you all enjoy the music. Mike.

Mike, whenever I see one of your posts I know that (a) I'm going to like it and (b) I'm going to learn something. No exception here! I appreciate you taking the time to explain what you are doing, and the musical basis for what we are hearing. More please!

This is the real deal. Great rhythm Mike!
Thank you Joseph. It always surprises me just what you can get out of a Ukulele with a bit perseverance!

Mike, whenever I see one of your posts I know that (a) I'm going to like it and (b) I'm going to learn something. No exception here! I appreciate you taking the time to explain what you are doing, and the musical basis for what we are hearing. More please!
Hi Laurence, Thank you for your kind words. It's great that there are all different levels of players and musicians on this forum. And I am placing yourself at the top level in both those departments! Always look forward to your videos!

Mike , this is beautiful !
Your fingers are so fast. My eyes can’t keep up!
I can almost see a flamenco dancer there.
Thank you Brenda.....I did play in a Flamenco troupe with some excellent dancers. They were also very beautiful.....which of course as nothing to do with how good a dancer they are!!!!!!!!

This is lovely and very different from the everyday uke playing. Thank you
Thank you PlentyofUkes!

Great technique in both hands and wonderful musicality!
Thank you Keonepax!

Bravo Mike, well played! Is that a new uke? it sounds wonderful :D
Thank you Campbell. It was a new Uke to me but I traded it not long after I got it for a Kanile'a..........I think I caught UAS!!!!

Thanks Mike

Mike you always blow my mind..........can't say much more then that, just fantastic.

Wow! This is great! Thank you for sharing!
Thank you very much Jan!

Mike you always blow my mind..........can't say much more then that, just fantastic.
Thank you Dave. I have heard from Brenda that you have a great collection of real quality ukuleles. Would be great to hear some of them. Especially your LFDMs. You must really enjoy playing them!

Kindest Regards, Mike

Mike,
Really nice musicianship and playing. Enjoyed it.

Well...you can't get much better than THAT, can you?
Well done Mike...I really enjoyed listening to that.

Top Bottom