KoAloha Auction?

Jerryc41

Reaction score
The February date appears to be a typo. If you scroll down to the active auction, it shows that auctions started July 19, 2018 and ends July 25, 2018. Beautiful uke, but not for the faint of heart!

Wow. And I thought only MB could do that :eek:

The February date appears to be a typo. If you scroll down to the active auction, it shows that auctions started July 19, 2018 and ends July 25, 2018. Beautiful uke, but not for the faint of heart!

Thanks. All they got right was "Wednesday," and maybe the time. Odd. If I can sell my Honda Fit quickly, I could meet the reserve price. :)

I don't see that increasing in value over the years, but I could be wrong.

If you scroll down to the bottom, you'll see the number of bids and the current price. The reserve has already been met.

Thanks. All they got right was "Wednesday," and maybe the time. Odd. If I can sell my Honda Fit quickly, I could meet the reserve price. :)

I don't see that increasing in value over the years, but I could be wrong.

I let Andrew know about the typo
looks like the bid up to 9,100.00 now, looks like the bidders figured it out...:)

Wow- they had some fun designing this one. Over the top! That inlay around the pickup jack. I'm curious how many of this particular model will be made..

Last edited:
They covered this model in some detail with the Ukulele Site tour of the new KoAloha factory. Go to 8:13 in the video (the YouTube “jump to” feature doesn’t seem to work with the embed). I didn’t realize it was going to be auctioned at The Ukulele Site, which has also happened with some other instruments.

I’m not big into sharks, so I’d never be a buyer even if I had thousands to spend on ukuleles. I’d just order a black label, I think.

I don't understand all the bidding so early in the auction. Great for the seller, but a lousy strategy for buyers.

I don't understand all the bidding so early in the auction. Great for the seller, but a lousy strategy for buyers.

It's the same on eBay. People start a bid at a couple of dollars, knowing they can't possibly win. And then someone bids two dollars. I guess they just want to be involved.

That KoAloha is up to $9,200 now Sunday, 8:30 AM). I wonder how often the new owner will take it out of the house and play it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom