Is this guy nuts or am I?

Spooner

Reaction score
Kamaka Uke

replaced tuners...buy it now for WHAT?!! :eek:

I have this same uke.

I got it from MGM a few years ago for less than half that. :confused:

(Worth every penny, mind you!)

The fact that it is not very old, that he changed the tuners on them and is pricing it as if Jake played it....made me curious about the price.

I realize some ukes bring in a large price but I am not so sure about this one.

He may be using a technique I've used before. If someone thinks it's worth that and buys it, then great. If not keep dropping the price until it sells. It's a very "capitalist pig" kind of thing to do, but hey, buyer beware.

I have this same uke.

I got it from MGM a few years ago for less than half that. :confused:

(Worth every penny, mind you!)

I should also add that this is the first one of this model I have seen for sale since I got mine. The retail on it is now $1700 or something on the Kamaka site and they are sold out everywhere.

Last edited:
I should also add that this is the first one of this model I have seen for sale since I got mine. The retail on it is now $1700 or something on the Kamaka sight and they are sold out everywhere.

Which undoubtedly means that eventually they will show up in one of our more trustworthy uke sellers...cough MGM...cough....Shawn. :D

OK...after reviewing this a bit more I have come to the conclusion that he's nuts...and I am but not for any reasons that have to do with this instrument. :p

He says: "This particular uke has less than 30 minutes of playing time on it and is in PERFECT condition."

He also says: "the original tuning pegs have been professionally replaced with some of the finest geared tuners available."

Now granted...I can understand replacing friction tuners with geared tuners...but why do that to a Kamaka and sell it after you've played it for a total of 30 minutes.

Yeah...him and his price are both nuts!!!!!!!!

OK...after reviewing this a bit more I have come to the conclusion that he's nuts...and I am but not for any reasons that have to do with this instrument. :p

He says: "This particular uke has less than 30 minutes of playing time on it and is in PERFECT condition."

He also says: "the original tuning pegs have been professionally replaced with some of the finest geared tuners available."

Now granted...I can understand replacing friction tuners with geared tuners...but why do that to a Kamaka and sell it after you've played it for a total of 30 minutes.

Yeah...him and his price are both nuts!!!!!!!!
Played for 30 minutes and he's selling it as a used uke? That's not even broken in. The ukes on the walls of music store have been played longer than that and they're considered new. If I'm buying any uke expensive or cheap, I want it to have been played by many hands, and broken in properly. Yeah, he's nuts....

Top Bottom