LoPrenzi B model concert

mineymole

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
LoPrenzi B model concert in mahogany... anyone got one? What do you like about it, or dislike?

Not mahogany, but I have a Loprinzi cedar & rosewood concert. I ordered mine with a 1 7/16 inch nut. 1 3/8 is standard. The body size is a little smaller than my KoAloha. Loprinzi’s have a slim neck. Slimmest of any ukulele I’ve owned. I find it very comfy. The workmanship is top notch. Working with Donna on the build was easy.

I have a mahogany Model A LoPrinzi concert ukulele. I bought it used, but did email Donna once, and she was great about responding to my question, even though I had bought the ukulele used.

Can't think of any negatives for me.

It is a little quieter than my other concerts, (smaller body might be the reason?), but has a beautiful clear tone, spot on intonation, very well built, and is a delight to play. The neck is slimmer, but is very comfortable, and I can play it longer than my other ukuleles without my hands needing a break.

It's a surprise to me that people here don't talk about LoPrinzis more. I think they are a great bargain. US luthier, reasonably priced IMO, well built, and great to play.

I have a mahogany Model A LoPrinzi concert ukulele. I bought it used, but did email Donna once, and she was great about responding to my question, even though I had bought the ukulele used.

Can't think of any negatives for me.

It is a little quieter than my other concerts, (smaller body might be the reason?), but has a beautiful clear tone, spot on intonation, very well built, and is a delight to play. The neck is slimmer, but is very comfortable, and I can play it longer than my other ukuleles without my hands needing a break.

It's a surprise to me that people here don't talk about LoPrinzis more. I think they are a great bargain. US luthier, reasonably priced IMO, well built, and great to play.
I agree about my LoPrinzi being a little quieter, but then my other concert is a KoAloha, which is known for being bright & loud. My LoPrinzi has a MiSi pick-up and it's the one I play in worship band at church. It sounds amazing plugged in.

Here's a picture of my LoPrinzi & KoAloha concerts for size comparison.

Attachments

• DSCF1554.jpg
    DSCF1554.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 41
I've never played a Model B but I own a mahogany Model A concert. I really like it a lot. The workmanship is great and the neck is very comfortable. I also agree that they are reasonably priced.

I have a one-of-a-kind Loprinzi purchased directly from Donna. I'm fairly certain it's based on other concerts in terms of size and quality. She just wanted to have fun with this one creating a unique stain and binding of her choice. Mine is Maple. I know you asked about mahogany.

I think I would personally prefer mahogany. The Maple with Spruce top is wonderful. It's handcrafted with precision like a jewel box. There is some 50 plus years of instrument making history since Donna learned the craft from her father. Every last detail was thought about for aesthetics, playability and musical tone. The neck is thin, easy to play, and the notes ring very clearly.

It is my best sounding concert. I've used it to perform in a professional setting. I've been wanting to list it for trade but reluctant to let this unique instrument go. All of the above are the plusses. The body shape is smaller than a regular concert and has a dreadnought shape which I like. I wish the body was larger because when I play with other people Size Matters. It shouldn't but I would like it to make a bigger statement. According to Donna this unique size allows for the best projection. I agree Loprinzi is an incredible value. It's wonderful to actually talk to the person who made your instrument.

Top Bottom