Posting Images from Flickr

GaryDavis

Reaction score
I seem to be having issues posting an image from Flickr. Can someone give me assistance or direct me to a link?

Thanks - Gary

Thanks sequoia. This is one result I get. I've used this forum posting format before on another forum but this is really aggravating.

29706210988_3b459bde4f_o.jpg

Any other helpful hints?

Editted - I guess that works if you click on the link but was trying to have it show in the post.

I have good results with the simple:

"
"

I was trying to post the image online rather than provide a link.

Thanks for trying to help.

Gary

I should have said that if you post an image this way it automatically displays in the message. Not just as a clickable link.

I was trying to post the image online rather than provide a link. Thanks for trying to help. Gary

When you upload an image to UU, it will only be displayed as a thumbnail. The only way to show it full size in your post is to use IMG and a link to where the image is stored. Before you can use the IMG tags for a URL, you have to upload the image to a server somewhere. Does Flickr provide a specific URL for an image? I pay for a personal web site with unlimited storage so I always have a link to my images, I prefer my images to be full size in my posts.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. http://www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Last edited:
When you click on a picture in Flickr a little tool bar appears near the bottom right. Click the “share” icon ( Arrow outline with a little curve ). That will bring up another window with options, choose BBcode , select picture size you want, copy the generated code in the box. Paste directly into your post.

That worked but only after I preview the post. That's different from the other forum I visit that uses the same technique.

28746142487_1d75a70cd1_b.jpg
[/url]Untitled by Gary Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

Thanks again.
Gary

Top Bottom