Bourree from cello suite no. 3 - J.S.Bach

Delightful! Mesmerising!

Beautifully done. Thanks for sharing.

Laurence, that was fantastic! This is a tough one to play but you did it very well.

Thank you! I might have got it perfect with 100 takes, but by then the feeling would be gone...

Delightful! Mesmerising!

Really glad you enjoyed it!

Beautifully done. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much!

Absolutely fabulous Laurence! :D And that Martin is an amazing uke!

Thanks Campbell! And for the comment on my uke - I don't feel so bad about only owning one ukulele now :)

Wonderful! I've been meaning to try some more Bach, and now that I know these bourrées can be done to such good effect, I want to give them a go.

Do it! I would love to hear some more Bach on the ukulele - I will be looking out for your post!

Excellent again Laurence, Bach works well on a lot of instruments especially stringed instruments. Never the easiest to play as the theme seems to keep going without any breaks! Great that it is still your style with that slight swing in there!
Keep them coming I always enjoy your endeavours!
Mike

I had to do a double take on the name to make sure it is really you. Did not expect the classical side at all !
This is really beautiful . Great technique !

Thanks a lot Brenda - I just try and play beautiful music wherever I find it and Bach is one of those places. I don't have any classical training but I do have ears so...

Excellent again Laurence, Bach works well on a lot of instruments especially stringed instruments. Never the easiest to play as the theme seems to keep going without any breaks! Great that it is still your style with that slight swing in there!
Keep them coming I always enjoy your endeavours!
Mike

Haha yes that swing must be deeply ingrained in me by now. I can't help wondering what Bach would have sounded like if he had been influenced by Africa as much as he was Italy! :)

Top Bottom