Pepe Romero Jr Ukuleles

SandChannel

Reaction score
Is Pepe still making any? I see the Romero Creations ones, but I am more curious about the ones that he has a hand in rather than his import line.

Seems like lately he has been focusing his uke efforts on his import line, Romero Creations. His most recent is the “replica” tenor. It is a production replica of his custom design, even uses his reverse fan bracing. Not sure how it compares sound wise.

he is still building his custom ukes. There is a heathy waiting list for them at this point but he still has an open list.

As far as I can tell, he does almost everything by hand. Beautiful, but time intensive. Seems like most other guys would have made twice the number of instruments he has by now. But Pepe is patient. He's on Instagram and shows some of his builds there. Cool stuff, cool guy, great instruments.

Seems like lately he has been focusing his uke efforts on his import line, Romero Creations. His most recent is the “replica” tenor. It is a production replica of his custom design, even uses his reverse fan bracing. Not sure how it compares sound wise.

Hodge,

I bought one of the first Romero Creations "Replica" Mahogany/Spruce tenors when Andrew at HMS/theukulelesite got a bunch in. They are light in weight, finished in high gloss, super clean workmanship, and sound wonderful - both fingerpicking and strumming! And .... for a fraction of the price of one of Pepe's custom tenors, too!!! It's definitely a keeper for me!:shaka:

Last edited:
Top Bottom