Timms K-1 koa soprano with bindings, purfling, UPT tuners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziret

Reaction score
I hope this is OK. Please check my listing for my Timms koa uke on Ebay. I've sold--and bought--quite a few ukes here on UU, but this time I'm selling on Ebay because I didn't know what price to set. My reason for selling is simply that I feel bad having so much money tied up in so many ukuleles--and having three sopranos.

The uke sounds great, of course. Intonation is good. There is a slight amount of dishing in front of the bridge due to the extremely light build. This doesn't affect play, sound, or intonation. There aren't any strum marks, scratches, etc. The description on Ebay and the photos, are accurate. It has been upgraded with Gotoh UPT tuners.

Thanks for your interest. I'm happy to answer questions. I'll ship it well packed in two boxes, but no case is included.

If you use the link below to purchase, I don't think I have to pay a fee to Ebay. You'll still be covered by Ebay and PayPal policies.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...29466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg&toolid=11111

IMG_20180724_161124.jpgIMG_20180724_161139.jpgIMG_20180724_161149.jpgIMG_20180724_161203.jpgIMG_20180724_161220.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, just wow! I've always wanted a Timms, but a koa Timms!!! OMG!

Just out of interest what makes you think you won't have to pay an eBay fee?

Omigosh...

When I was done listing it, eBay provided a link I could share, and it said that I wouldn't have to pay a fee if that was where the sale originated. At least that's what I read it as. Maybe someone on here with more eBay experience and expertise can clarify that for me. I can't even tell the difference between a minimum price and a reserve listing. Reading their help files is like entering a maze of dead ends.

Sorry I just realized the photos are dark. I'll fix them tomorrow.

Like death and taxes, you can add fees by eBay and PayPal to the "inevitable" list. Reverb charges much less, something like 2.9%. They even give you the opportunity to lie, cheat, and steal. When you mark the item sold, they ask if it was sold outside of Reverb, in which case, there would be no fee.

If you use the link below to purchase, I don't think I have to pay a fee to Ebay. You'll still be covered by Ebay and PayPal policies.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...29466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg&toolid=11111

A suggestion: Rather than have the bidding begin at $650, have it begin at $0.99. I believe the fee is lower. You can have a reserve price (which adds a fee of its own) so people can at least start bidding, but you will be guaranteed to sell it (or not) at no less than $650.

Why not just set a dream price for it here and see what happens?

Another option to consider is to set a dream price "buy it now" on ebay, but allow people to make offers. Sometimes that is a lot less of a hassle than the auction.

Thanks for all the advice about eBay, etc. I'll think about it.

Here are the edited photos. Slightly better.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

A Weissenborn style 2. I have a style 1 (without the rope binding), which is great, but the style 2 is the one for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom