NUD Ko"olau Model 100 Tenor:

JJFN

Reaction score
ko_olau_t100_for_jim_n-2.jpgko_olau_t100_for_jim_n-3.jpgUnknown-2.jpegUnknown-4.jpegUnknown-3.jpeg

This beauty arrived today, it is beyond my wildest expectations. A big Thank You to everyone at HMS and Ko'olau for all of their help. I think this will be my final treatment for UAS.

Congrats- it looks amazing but the images are tiny. If you have a way to upload a larger image I'd love to see it! Play it in good health.

Congratulations, Ko'olau is amazing, I love mine (CS model with Milo and Sinker Redwood).

Awesome! Like window shopping, I have filled out all the options for a Ko’olau on HMS website many times, but never with the actual intent of buying one. Would love to one day though. Happy for you!

Congrats- it looks amazing but the images are tiny. If you have a way to upload a larger image I'd love to see it! Play it in good health.

Etudes, I am fortunate that I could do this much. I am technically challenged.

Thank You, Lapyang, maxmax and Rakele. Jerry41, it was worth the wait, and every single dollar.

A big congratulations, you have pretty much climbed to the top of the heap. I have played Brenda's twin Koolau many times and it is awesome. She almost foolishly sold it, but it came back to her and she is so glad it did.

I have a Koolau CS Spruce-Myrtle tenor that is tied for first place in much collection. The Koolau, LfdM and I'iwi are three ukes I never get sick of playing. The Koolau is as good as it gets and I am sure yours will be as well. Enjoy it for a long time.

Last edited:
A big congratulations, you have pretty much climbed to the top of the heap. I have played Brenda's twin Koolau many times and it is awesome. She almost foolishly sold it, but it came back to her and she is so glad it did.

I have a Koolau CS Spruce-Myrtle tenor that is tied for first place in much collection. The Koolau, LfdM and I'iwi are three ukes I never get sick of playing. The Koolau is as good as it gets and I am sure yours will be as well. Enjoy it for a long time.

Thank You Dave. I ordered the radius fretboard, it's a relief for my arthritic left hand. My search was for a high quality instrument with the radius fretboard. It is a pleasure to play. You are correct, this is the best I will ever have. Is that the LfdM you just acquired?

The low G string totally changed my koolau . I like it more everyday!

Brenda, mine came with the Ko'olau Alohi's (bright) in Low G, I ordered Low G and Noa at Ko"olau recommended the Alohi's. He was correct. Big difference in sound between the G's. Enjoy

Thank You Dave. I ordered the radius fretboard, it's a relief for my arthritic left hand. My search was for a high quality instrument with the radius fretboard. It is a pleasure to play. You are correct, this is the best I will ever have. Is that the LfdM you just acquired?

I am a huge fan of radiused fretboards because I have issues with my left hand. Glad you find the radius a help, I sure do. I have a spruce and rosewood LfdM tenor which I have owned for about three years now. I am having another LfdM built with a 19" scale length so a long neck. It will be sinker cedar top and myrtle back and sides.

If you are able to take pictures of your new Koolau with your phone you can easily post them to this thread. It would be great to see some bigger pictures because it looks amazing even in the small thumbnails

Last edited:
Top Bottom