Pono MGS Mango Soprano?

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I'm interested in a Pono MGS Mango Soprano ukulele, but I'm having trouble finding out much more than what's posted on HMS' pages.

Does anyone have one? How's it compare to mahogany? Significantly warmer? What's the build quality like?

Thanks!

I have a very recently acquired MGS soprano and I like it very much. I have not played a mahogany version, so I can't compare the two. I can say that I find my mango very lyrical with a good deal of sustain for a soprano. I do have it tuned down a step though, which would add to the sustain, but I still find it has more than my mahogany soprano Martin S-O.

I have a very recently acquired MGS soprano and I like it very much. I have not played a mahogany version, so I can't compare the two. I can say that I find my mango very lyrical with a good deal of sustain for a soprano. I do have it tuned down a step though, which would add to the sustain, but I still find it has more than my mahogany soprano Martin S-O.

That's great to hear! I'm interested in this ukulele, but it's been hard to find much information about it. Any chance that you have a sound sample online anywhere?

This thread is now older than one year, but today I recorded a little Carulli piece with my new Pono mango soprano, and to my ears, the ukulele sounds fine:

This sounds great! Thanks for replying. How would you compare it's sound to other ukuleles that you might have?

Thanks superhappyalex! The Pono is one of my current favorite sopranos, it sounds kind of mellow.
But I plan to play this little piece on all of my sopranos...

I haven't found the time to record this piece with all of my sopranoes yet, but I chose the most expensive one, a Kanile'a K2S or something of that kind.
I think, the Pono holds its own...

Top Bottom