New Blackbird Clara!

kente777

Reaction score
I just got my new Blackbird Clara and I am totally blown away!

Fully loaded, I am impressed with every aspect of this ukulele. My first priority in a new instrument is playability with tone being a close 2nd. This uke does not disappoint in either category. This is the easiest uke I've played, and the best sounding uke I've played.

It is pricey, particularly with all the options, but this is my dream Uke and meets all my expectations. Next.....the Farralon!

full front.jpg
front closeup.JPG
back closeup.JPG
bridge.JPG
tuners.JPG

Last edited:
Nice! Love how the backs now have the same grain as the top. I have gravitated to the Farallon due to playability (better size for me, and the strap buttons), but the Clara is a tone monster. Congrats on a great uke!

Nice! Love how the backs now have the same grain as the top. I have gravitated to the Farallon due to playability (better size for me, and the strap buttons), but the Clara is a tone monster. Congrats on a great uke!

I initially ordered the Farallon, but changed it to a Clara because I liked the design (reminds me of pineapple shape), but after playing the Clara (with the radius fretboard), I definitely will get the big boy. The Clara is so easy to play. Intonation is perfect down the neck. I bought it sight unseen, and I always get concerned especially with neck profile, but it feels so great in my hands.

This baby cost me more than $2000, but to me, it is worth every penny.

It's a beauty kente777. I really like the back, enjoy.

That's a beauty and I love the inlay- a classy touch.

That sure is a beauty. I too love the inlay.
Joe

Congratulations! Did it come with a strap button?

My first ever post - I too have just got a new Blackbird Clara - (love your inlay by the way).
It came set-up with D'Addario strings and a Fremont Wound Soloist Low G. I must admit that whilst the clarity and sound is stunning I am finding it a little challenging as the strings are high tension and not as soft as on my other two ukes. These are Aquila and Worth. The store have suggested I could consider changing to a High G Fremont Blackline strings which are a little easier on the fingers. I'm not sure which way to go at the moment and as its only been a couple of days will persevere for a while. The Clara is simply a beautiful instrument and I'm loving it. Changing from a Low G to High G - not sure at the moment.

Congratulations! Clara's are wonderful. I've owned two. I always found the Clara shape a bit awkward to hold, but I don't play with a strap. Were it not for this, I would definitely still have one. I do currently own a highly personalized Farallon, which I absolutely love.

The store also had a Farallon but as I got the Clara mail order I thought I'd try the Farallon in person when I get a chance. I look forward to updating the forum once I've settled in with the Clara. Thanks for your i put.

Top Bottom