Vintage Bruko #6 sound sample

Jeffelele

Reaction score
Had this for a couple of weeks. Plays easy. Good condition. Happy with purchase.

Had to do a couple of simple things I want to mention because they were an easy fix and might be helpful.

There was some buzz. I checked and it only was there on open strings. I know that strings I have on it now are thinner than the original strings would have been and so could move around inside the nut slots. To fix this I cut little rectangles of paper that were slightly thinner than the nut
and when placed on the nut, right over a slot, left a bit of paper on both sides of the slot. Lift string, center paper, replace string and use it to push paper down. Trim as wanted. Zero buzz. Zero cost. More or less impossible to mess up. Reversible.

I’ve done this before and no problems. You might have to redo if one falls out on string change.

There was some very noticeable gritty feeling on frets when bending a string. Couple of minutes with 0000 street wool and frets were smooth.

How does it sound? Check out original song, What Can I Do? recorded on IPad with inexpensive usb mic and a voice notes type app. Completely dry one track recording.

First time trying this so hope it works well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sh3vft8sq3us3c0/July 15 2018 105021 PM What can I do-rev0001.m4a?dl=0

Thanks xtradust and Bill. Appreciated.

I’ll figure out pic posting and put something up.

Top Bottom