California Style tenor back and side wood plus plans for sale

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
I cut a load of spruce fronts and curly black walnut, variegated korina, block mottle makore and mahogany backs and sides for the Californian style tenor designs I make. The shape is based on the Martin OM guitar body accurately scaled down to a 'full' tenor size body. Here is a typical example:

IMG_2599.jpg

IMG_9406.jpg

IMG_6890.jpg

That's when I had a craftsman and 2 apprentices working with me and we were making 12 instruments a month. They are now gone and I am back to working on my own. But I have a pile of prepared wood!

A body wood set plus body plans showing the crucial dimension points will cost $120 including shipping. The wood is highly figured, the spruce AAAA. All are jointed and ready for thicknessing. Non are on CITES Appendix II.

I also have spliced necks for a 17" scale joining the body at the 13th fret. These are $25 each and are also non CITES.

UK Customers - £90 including shipping for body sets and £20 for necks. 10% discount for 5 or more sets.

If you want a fingerboard and bridge set I can supply that also in Leadwood - again non CITES for $30 or £25. Ready slotted fretboard and saddle slot and bridge pin holes drilled in the bridge..

Last edited:
Top Bottom