chromatic tuner

rdw

Reaction score
Hi, I'm terrible at tuning, so I got a digital tuner and things were cool. But, someone borrowed it and now when I use it to tune my uke, it doesnt sound quite right. The only thing I can think of is that on the tuner, there's an up/down button that you can use to change the Hz. I never changed it from the default, and it now says A=440. Is that standard?

Sorry for a stupid question, but I dont know much about music. Still, I'm having fun playing some simple songs, and Aldrene's lessons are cool!

thanks.

Hi, I'm terrible at tuning, so I got a digital tuner and things were cool. But, someone borrowed it and now when I use it to tune my uke, it doesnt sound quite right. The only thing I can think of is that on the tuner, there's an up/down button that you can use to change the Hz. I never changed it from the default, and it now says A=440. Is that standard?

Sorry for a stupid question, but I dont know much about music. Still, I'm having fun playing some simple songs, and Aldrene's lessons are cool!

thanks.

Hey no question is stupid! 440 hertz is standard for most chromatic tuners. Are there any other settings you have? What model is it? In what way does it sound different?

oh I see. Maybe its just me? sorry, I cant really explain it well since I dont have the vocabulary to accurately describe it...What does changing the Hz do?

anyway, it was a cheap tuner by Kgarage which I picked up in Japan. The only other setting it has are different categories for Guitar, Bass, etc.

hmmm, well, I'll just assume that if there's any difference, its in my mind :)

thanks!

oh, sorry, I forgot to mention. it works by vibration..

Hey no question is stupid! 440 hertz is standard for most chromatic tuners. Are there any other settings you have? What model is it? In what way does it sound different?
Actually while A=440Hz is the usual standard, there are many places where A is another value - 441 and often lower. Some entire orchestras tune to A in the 430s range.

But stick to 440. It's the standard for most popular Western music.

Thanks guys. I'll keep it at 440 and just go with it :D

Top Bottom