A Month of Free Lessons from Fender

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I got an email from Amazon telling me that because I bought a ukulele case, I qualified for a free 30-day membership to Fender Play, and they gave me a code to use. I was to click on a link and follow directions.

There were no directions for Amazon's code, but Fender does offer a month of free instruction to anyone - "Quit at any time." I have no idea what the lessons look like, but here's a link.

https://www.fender.com/play?clickref=1101l4SS7Drw&aff_id=1101l26199

They don't seem very confident about the material. It's like offering a free meal and advertising it by saying, "You don't have to eat it."

They don't seem very confident about the material. It's like offering a free meal and advertising it by saying, "You don't have to eat it."

Actually, it's like they're offering a subscription for meals and telling you the first one's free, in hopes you'll like it so well you'll buy more. It's pretty common for subscription models to offer a trail period-- Hulu and Nextflix, for example, both offer a free month and allow you to cancel at any time. Can't say that Fender's lessons are any good or not, but their marketing is not unusual.

Actually, it's like they're offering a subscription for meals and telling you the first one's free, in hopes you'll like it so well you'll buy more. It's pretty common for subscription models to offer a trail period-- Hulu and Nextflix, for example, both offer a free month and allow you to cancel at any time. Can't say that Fender's lessons are any good or not, but their marketing is not unusual.

Ah, of course, that's right.

Top Bottom