Beyond the Sea (Bobby Darin)

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score
I always thought this song would be tough to do because of the frequent chord changes, then I had the idea to make the video focus on the left hand to show how busy it is while playing it. Then once I recorded it, I felt like it needed those jazzy muted trumpets to help make it swing. Anyway, I hope you like my rendition:

Thanks, Campbell! I really appreciate it! :)

Thanks, luv2uke! It's motivating to play a beautiful uke! :)

Wow! so nice...yep, that is a lot of chord changes!
John, what do you use for your video editor? I would like to be able to pan in and out of a second video track like that.

Wow! so nice...yep, that is a lot of chord changes!
John, what do you use for your video editor? I would like to be able to pan in and out of a second video track like that.

I wish John would do a tutorial ! I want to learn too !

Thanks, Brenda, Laurence and Lapyang! I really appreciate it! I've been using Final Cut Express on my old laptop. Unfortunately, Apple has discontinued FCE and now people have to get Final Cut Pro, but FCP looks very different and I haven't bothered to learn it yet. Anyhow, if your video editor allows you to layer video over video, then it just become a matter of learning how to control the transparency of the videos (panning in and out). It might be possible for you to find a tutorial video on this process for your particular video editor.

Having just read your last post to this thread and struggling to get my ageing grey matter around terms like 'FCP', 'video transparency' and 'video overlaying' (it's taken me 61 years to learn how to change channels on my PVR using the remote! lol), I just wanted to say I loved this one young John. Catchy tune, and expertly played and sung - as is everything you post for us.
Please keep them coming my friend, you're an inspiration for me.

Thanks, Dave! The first thing I wanted to learn how to do as far as video editing goes was simply setting a slide show to music. From there I gradually learned and experimented with different techniques. All I can say is if I can do it, anyone can! :)

Keonepax, I really like your voice. Your videos are always excellent and well produced! This is no exception......great stuff.
And what a beautiful looking ukulele!
Keep them coming, Mike

Thanks, Mike! I really appreciate it! :)

Top Bottom