PDA

View Full Version : Beer can help your strap stay on

Ukecaster
08-03-2018, 05:35 PM
May be much ado about nothing, but if your strap sometimes falls off, you can add an orange rubber washer from a Grolsch beer bottle over the strap to hold it on. Just an old guitar trick, but works on ukes too. I got a big bag, lifetime (what's left of it :D) supply on ebay for $5.00.

Kenn2018
08-03-2018, 05:49 PM
They also sell rubber or silicone rings specifically made to do the same thing on Amazon.

Locolele
08-03-2018, 07:39 PM
They also sell rubber or silicone rings specifically made to do the same thing on Amazon.

I would argue that beer bottle washers are more interesting. And, they come with a beer!

Besides, Amazon is slowly taking over the world, and we should resist. ;)

Jarmo_S
08-03-2018, 11:14 PM
Guys and girls, which hand you use to open a beer can?
I myself have learned from mistakes to use the left one, even if it does not feel so natural lol.

Jerryc41
08-04-2018, 12:13 AM
Guys and girls, which hand you use to open a beer can?
I myself have learned from mistakes to use the left one, even if it does not feel so natural lol.

Try as I might, I still have to use both hand to open a Guinness.

Jerryc41
08-04-2018, 12:15 AM
May be much ado about nothing, but if your strap sometimes falls off, you can add an orange rubber washer from a Grolsch beer bottle over the strap to hold it on. Just an old guitar trick, but works on ukes too. I got a big bag, lifetime (what's left of it :D) supply on ebay for $5.00.

Ah, I had to do a lot of thinking on that one. Grolsch has the Mason jar type of cap - with the washer. I wonder, do people with a Gretsch drink Grolsch? :o