WTB Blackbird Clara

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypersparkle

Reaction score
So... I really shouldn't be looking for a pricier uke yet. My Ohana concert treats me really well for my skill level, but my goodness gracious. I was browsing along in here and discovered the Blackbird Clara and I'm in LOVE. As a gal who drives a mostly solar powered car (Nissan Leaf, but our house has solar), the eco-friendly nature of it really really appeals to me and that SUSTAIN.

Anyways, I'm swooning. So, I've decided to just throw this out into the universe. I'm not desperately seeking, but if anyone has one that they're thinking of selling, you know where to find me. I saw a couple out there right now with pickups for $1350, but I don't need the pickup. I'd like to be under or around $1k ideally so my spouse isn't too displeased. ;) (Although I'm sure he'll "borrow" it from time to time. ;))

Last edited:
I saw one for sale on Reverb.com this morning. That might be the 1350 one..... those MiSi pickups are amazing. Maybe the seller will take less? They are cool ukes. They sound great and are easy to play. As a long-time music teacher, I think you should buy as excellent an instrument as you can. If you are in love, you'll play it all the time, and won't be so inclined to buy this or that when you KNOW what you REALLY want!. Get the Blackbird - they don't come up that often!

Thanks. :) I appreciate the encouragement. That's a good point. I do play my Ohana quite a bit already, but you're right. It'd be nice to have something I was less afraid of bringing along with me places too.

Last edited:
I just bought a 2018 Clara with MiSi pick up
As per HMS. 2018 uses new bracing which improved the sound quality a lot comparing to the already great old Clara !
It is very easy to play and has ton of volume.
What I like the most is how comfortable it is to hold.
Good luck with your search but my recommdation is find a 2018 model

I just bought a 2018 Clara with MiSi pick up
As per HMS. 2018 uses new bracing which improved the sound quality a lot comparing to the already great old Clara !
It is very easy to play and has ton of volume.
What I like the most is how comfortable it is to hold.
Good luck with your search but my recommdation is find a 2018 model

Thanks. I appreciate that advice!

Thanks. :) I appreciate the encouragement. That's a good point. I do play my Ohana quite a bit already, but you're right. It'd be nice to have something I was less afraid of bringing along with me places too.

For travel and decent sound I got the flea by magic fluke.
Good sound, great tough build and inexpensive in comparison at least.

they are really cool, so it is all personal taste and budget.

Pm sent / I might consider selling mine

Sorry I've been away from the boards for a few days. I just caught up on the PMs I got about claras so if you messaged me because of this post, check your inbox. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom