Messing about again

Timbuck

Reaction score
Due to the hot weather in the UK I've been keeping out of the workshop it's like a sauna in there sometimes...So I've been looking at something I spotted on a Youtube video...You look for an image on the web ..like this one I found
PICT0001.jpg

Then you print it out with your printer and then cover the image with celotape
PICT0003.jpg

Then crop it down with sissors something like this

PICT0006.jpg

Then with hot soapy water you dissolve and wash away the paper backing leaving the image on the celotape like this

PICT0007.jpg

When it dries you can attach it any thing you like with a bit of laquer spray (good init)

PICT0009.jpg

I wonder if it will work with colour printers ??

Last edited:
That's very nice. There is also, commercially available, laser printer decal transfer paper, both in water-transfer and rub-on varieties. The rub-on one is very thin and the result is excellent.

I used photoshop software (and a lot of trial and error) along with a bit of gold-leaf paint to create this.

IMG_1820.jpg

Yes, by the way, it is a genuine Nunes.

Last edited:
I very much like this idea.

I am still trying to decide how I am going to produce my headstock logo.. This could be an option!

Due to the hot weather in the UK I've been keeping out of the workshop it's like a sauna in there sometimes...So I've been looking at something I spotted on a Youtube video...You look for an image on the web ..like this one I found
View attachment 111088

Then you print it out with your printer and then cover the image with celotape
View attachment 111089

Then crop it down with sissors something like this

View attachment 111090

Then with hot soapy water you dissolve and wash away the paper backing leaving the image on the celotape like this

View attachment 111091

When it dries you can attach it any thing you like with a bit of laquer spray (good init)

View attachment 111092

I wonder if it will work with colour printers ??

The problem is when you come to finishing it. It takes many many coats of finish to "hide" it and just when you think you have, you hold it at a different angle in certain lights and there it is again. I used professionally printed decval on much thinner film than sellotape Nd they were almost impossible to cover, I think sellotape would be even more difficult. I now no longer use anything except for a makers paper label on the inside of the body.

The problem is when you come to finishing it. It takes many many coats of finish to "hide" it and just when you think you have, you hold it at a different angle in certain lights and there it is again. I used professionally printed decval on much thinner film than sellotape Nd they were almost impossible to cover, I think sellotape would be even more difficult. I now no longer use anything except for a makers paper label on the inside of the body.
All this is true :)

Top Bottom