NGD: Cordoba Mini R Guilele

Camsuke

Reaction score
I just received a Cordoba Mini R this week & it's absolutely awesome.
The 2" fingerboard and 20" scale length makes for a very comfortable instrument to play. Overall build quality is very good & the Solid Spruce Top looks and sounds fantastic. I made a few minor adjustments to the setup, fitted an LR Baggs Five.0 pickup and a set of Savarez 520 R strings which work really well for tone & tension in the Terz tuning GCFA#DG.

Oh my, I listened to this a few times. Wonderful, just wonderful. Have my eyes on a Cordoba Mini II as soon as they become available.
Great playing Campbell. Thank you so much for sharing that with us.

Cheers,

Steve.

Yeah, I have the same model and I agree Terz is a good fit. I have mine in reentrant Terz (half step lower really) but I haven't been playing it lately as I seem to prefer the narrower shorter neck of the Cordoba C1m. But I have to admit the sound of the Mini is much better.

Hi Campbell. How does it compare the the Yamaha?

I played with one of these at my last lesson, they are really nice and was very tempted but I bought an Islander from the marketplace instead because I wanted the built in electronics on a budget. While I'm happy with it as is for now new strings will be in order at some point soon. Do the 520R work with A-A tuning? Do any high tension classical strings work? I know basically nothing about guitalele strings. Thanks.

John

Beautiful, Campbell. You're a very accomplished player. How long have you been playing?

Hi John, the Savarez 520 R strings tune G to G on a 20" scale & A to A on a 17" scale :D

Thanks. I have a 20" scale and what I have now works with A to A but I don't know if that is what they are made for.

John

I think I will try the Pepe Romero Jr fluorcarbon set for mini guitar and see how I like them.

John

I think I will try the Pepe Romero Jr fluorcarbon set for mini guitar and see how I like them.

John

After some consultation it was decided that these strings are not meant for A to A tuning on the 20" scale. So for now I ordered a couple of light tension classical string sets and will give them a try. If nothing else it'll give me some idea of what sizes I need if I decide to just create my own sets.

John

Top Bottom