Should have patented it, Timbuck!

Timbuck - I have two of yours, a 4 ways and a 6 way. Was using them just the other day and thinking how great they are, and how much they have improved both the speed and accuracy of my nut and saddle making.

Timbuck - I have two of yours, a 4 ways and a 6 way. Was using them just the other day and thinking how great they are, and how much they have improved both the speed and accuracy of my nut and saddle making.

I've still got the first prototype I ever made..it looks a bit crude at the side of the latest ones but it still works ok.
This is how it started out
gaugedrawing.jpg
the first attempt (from workshop scrap box)
PICT0017.jpg
This is the latest.
4 pointer.jpg
Then it evolved
six point 2.jpg

Last edited:
I use my 6, 4 and 3 pointer all the time.
The 3 pointer center finder is great for fingerboard centerlines, dots and other stuff.
(Here is a pic from yesterday)
Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 8.07.08 AM.jpg

Now this is bad news..I did a stock check on the components for these gauges and we are well stocked up on the steel parts but getting pretty low on the CNC machined brass parts...So I decided to order some more .... I had a lot of trouble trying to contact the manufactures online as their website was not responding..so in the end I phoned them up and I was informed by a bloke on the other end who tells me they have gone out of business and the place now sells textiles:uhoh:...so now it looks as if I'll have to find some other company to make them for me.:(

Top Bottom