Carson Crickmore ukes?

raffrox

Reaction score
Bit of a long shot and one for the Aussies out there but has anyone played a Carson Crickmore ukulele?

Australian luthier more known for acoustic guitars. Every now and then one comes up for sale but after owning a Maton concert that was a bit over engineered I'm not sure about guitar makers that make ukes.

They look well made but are usually too far away for me to play first hand.

Bit of a long shot and one for the Aussies out there but has anyone played a Carson Crickmore ukulele?

Australian luthier more known for acoustic guitars. Every now and then one comes up for sale but after owning a Maton concert that was a bit over engineered I'm not sure about guitar makers that make ukes.

They look well made but are usually too far away for me to play first hand.

I’ve played a Tenor and a Concert of theirs. They are high quality, very lightly built instruments. You could look at it like this; if Maton equals Gibson, Carson Crickmore equals Collings or Santa Cruz.

Wow. Thanks for the quick reply. For arguments sake how would you compare a Carson Crickmore concert to a Pono Pro concert like the MCPC (solid mahogany)?

The uke I was looking at just sold :( I would still be keen on your opinion hollisdwyer :)

I’m not surprised that the CC sold quickly. They are rarely on the 2nd hand market. Re a comparison I can only give you a personal opinion. I did own a Pono pro concert for a short time also. The Pono was well made with a good sound but I particularly disliked the thick neck. The CC is a svelte thoroughbred racehorse in comparison.

PS. I see you also live in Perth. If you’re really interested in playing a CC, one of the group I play with every Saturday owns one. We play at the Subiaco Primary School (where there is a Farmers Market on Saturday) between 9:30 and 11:30. You’re welcome to join us.

Last edited:
No worries. Thanks heaps. I really appreciate the info. I won't hesitate if there's another chance by the sound of it.

Top Bottom