BugsGear Concert Eleuke w/Active Pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

GX9901

Reaction score
I'm selling a concert sized BugsGear Eleuke with active pickup. I got this from musicguymic about 5 months ago. I'm selling it because I rarely play it and need to move a uke to make room in my collection for a couple of future arrivals. I just replaced the battery for the active pickup a couple of weeks ago so it should be good to go for a while. It has no issues except for a dent about 1/4 inch long on the neck. It's not that obvious and I have a picture that shows the dent below.

I will sell it for $165 shipped to the lower 48 states. Paypal only. If you are interested or have any questions about it please send me a PM on this forum. I will respond within the same day.

Here is a sound file of this uke plugged into my laptop recorded with Audacity.

Here are some pictures:

309240461.jpg

309240458.jpg

309240455.jpg

Here's the dent I talked about.
309241323.jpg

if only you had posted this last week!

if nuke doesn't pick it up, my brother is kinda wanting one, i'll run it passed him.

urghh!
BangHead.gif

I pretty much had my brother sold on it!
Congrats on your sell! And to the lucky buyer!

what's the difference between the tenor and concert?

my tenor eleuke's body is small...i couldn't imagine the concert one being any smaller...

enjoy that sucker! i love the color of it...

my tenor eleuke's body is small...i couldn't imagine the concert one being any smaller...

I believe the only difference is the neck/scale length between the BugsGear concert & tenor. The body is pretty small, seems to be just a couple of ticks bigger than a soprano.

Hey DOC, thanks for the purchase. I hope you put it to more use than I did.

I believe the only difference is the neck/scale length between the BugsGear concert & tenor. The body is pretty small, seems to be just a couple of ticks bigger than a soprano.

Hey DOC, thanks for the purchase. I hope you put it to more use than I did.
oh i can guarantee that bro!

the tenor eleukes always use a concert sized body with a tenor 17" scale neck. so its like a superconcert, in a way. thats why i had to jump on this one. not only have i found a new love for the concert scale, but the dimensions are more traditional, so i wont feel like im playing a risa ukestick (not that theres anything bad about those!)

i got the uke in today! thanks bro!!! here's a video of me jammin on it along with aldrine, jake, and ryan on their cover of waiting in vain. im plugged the peavey amp i had for sale.

i got the uke in today! thanks bro!!! here's a video of me jammin on it along with aldrine, jake, and ryan on their cover of waiting in vain. im plugged the peavey amp i had for sale.

Dude..you have UAS...seek help now..haha. They are just so damn easy to collect...argh! Cool uke!!:eek:

Question for you Nuke...How is that uke diff in sound compared to running your mohag. pono elec. thru the amp??

Last edited:
Question for you Nuke...How is that uke diff in sound compared to running your mohag. pono elec. thru the amp??

my pono has a ko'olau passive pickup with no controls. so if i were to plug straight into that amp, it would sound really twangy. but run through my DI, the pono sounds like heaven.

the eleuke already has somewhat of a preamp built in, with just the volume and tone control. the cool thing about the eleuke is it has a wiiiiiide tone control range, using the knobbed potentiometers, instead of the sliders that come on most acoustic instruments. so i can make pretty good tonal adjustments with just that one tone knob. no need for too much outside intervention. and if i do, there are still more controls on the amp and on my PA system to further tweek it.

basically, since i would rather not have to use my pono to gig with, now i have this one. sounds great plugged in. seems pretty rugged and reliable. and makes an impression. at this time these are the only two ukes i have with working pickups.

my pono has a ko'olau passive pickup with no controls. so if i were to plug straight into that amp, it would sound really twangy. but run through my DI, the pono sounds like heaven.

the eleuke already has somewhat of a preamp built in, with just the volume and tone control. the cool thing about the eleuke is it has a wiiiiiide tone control range, using the knobbed potentiometers, instead of the sliders that come on most acoustic instruments. so i can make pretty good tonal adjustments with just that one tone knob. no need for too much outside intervention. and if i do, there are still more controls on the amp and on my PA system to further tweek it.

basically, since i would rather not have to use my pono to gig with, now i have this one. sounds great plugged in. seems pretty rugged and reliable. and makes an impression. at this time these are the only two ukes i have with working pickups.

Got it...are all the Bugs the same? I saw that MGM has some just listed at arnd. $275.

Got it...are all the Bugs the same? I saw that MGM has some just listed at arnd. $275.
dont know the answer to that one. this is only the second eleuke ive ever played. and the first one was in hawaii 8 months ago when i bought my first uke and was a total nube that didnt even know how to play a C chord. so my impression at that time was "eh, thats cool, but thats not what im looking for right now" two months later, im drooling over them. and now i finally have one! *insert evil laughter*

i did notice the new ones that MGM has up now. and they look niiiiice. theyre the headfone versions too.

dont know the answer to that one. this is only the second eleuke ive ever played. and the first one was in hawaii 8 months ago when i bought my first uke and was a total nube that didnt even know how to play a C chord. so my impression at that time was "eh, thats cool, but thats not what im looking for right now" two months later, im drooling over them. and now i finally have one! *insert evil laughter*

i did notice the new ones that MGM has up now. and they look niiiiice. theyre the headfone versions too.

Right on .....if we have a pa system set up at the next SD rep!! I want to try it out. I have a Pono PKTC E1 on its way to mi casa. I had to return a uke bec. of some probs so I replaced it with the trusty pono instead....can't wait.

Hey Doc, looks like you're enjoying the Eleuke. It looks a lot happier in your hands than in mine. I wish I could jam like that! LOL!

Say, what type of strap are you using there? I had borrowed a strap from one of my Guitar Hero controllers and it worked great on the Eleuke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom