Firefly concert vs tenor

igorthebarbarian

Reaction score
I have a Firefly concert banjo Uke right now and like it. I’ve had a soprano version too, in the past. Has anyone owned both the Tenor and the concert/soprano? How much louder is the tenor? Does the tone ring add a lot of volume? I normally don’t like tenors, but I like the banjo sound!
(Someone is going to recommend crossing over and just getting a 5-string banjo, which I may do)
Thanks!

FWIW, I've had both the concert and the tenor fireflies at the same time for comparison. The tenor is much louder, more of the banjo sound, as you point out, probably due to the tone ring. Big difference in the volume between the two to my ears. I enjoyed the concert size, but feel more comfortable with the tenor. I love the volume of the tenor, the maple wood frame and the overall feel and construction. I found a new home for the concert after alternating between the two for a short time.

Igor, I would recommend crossing over and just getting a.......................... oh..................wait..................

Top Bottom