Outdoor Carbon Ukulele

Not yet. May be ordering a soprano this week.

I ordered a soprano yesterday. They say build time is five days, and they ship it for free. The tenor is out of stock. The tenor I played had low G, but I'm getting the regular high G setup.

I have a Soprano Carbon. It has a nice amount of volume for the size. The balance from string to string is even and the setup (stock strings) lend itself to the brighter side of the tonal spectrum. When you strike the strings quite hard, the soprano has a tendency to compress but it doesn't muddy up or get that choked type of sound. I'm sure a string change will be enough to guide the sound in whichever direction you choose to go (warmer/brighter/etc). Overall, it is pretty nice for the price. Plus, I can leave it out in a Pennsylvania winter without worrying about the top splintering towards every end of the room.

Does anyone have experience with both the carbon & regular Outdoor Uke? ie is the carbon worth the $ ? which sounds better? I'm most interested in the Soprano.

Does anyone have experience with both the carbon & regular Outdoor Uke? ie is the carbon worth the $ ? which sounds better? I'm most interested in the Soprano.

I’ll have both by next week as I just ordered a carbon soprano yesterday. I will eventually be doing a comparison on my blog and YouTube channel.

I'm actually about to list my OU carbon soprano on the marketplace.

It's a great little uke, but I find myself so in love with my vintage Martin that if I play a soprano it's ALWAYS the Martin.
I've even taken to traveling with the Martin, so I really have no use-case for the OU anymore!

That being said, it sounds surprisingly good for being plastic and it's pretty fun to play around with. The fact that you don't have to worry about taking special care of it (leave it in the car, etc) is pretty great too. The action and tone are way better than the other plastic ukes I've tried (Waterman, etc), but it IS notably quieter than all my other instruments. Which is great for playing around with after the kids are in bed or in a hotel room, but not so great for playing in a group.

Top Bottom