Has anyone ever had a reponse from Kala?

Strumaround

Reaction score
I've contacted them twice via their website and received an auomated recepit acknowledgment, yet nobody ever responds.

I had a bad jack on my Rumbler Ubass and they were contacted through the dealer and very responsive to getting it fixed. Can't remember who the contact person was, though...

I tried to contact Martin once, no reply, no acknowledgement, nada, bugger all, probably cos I'm in the UK and we dont count as far as they are concerned... compare to Ovation, where I was able to speak directly to an individual, who on more than one accasdion has sent me replacement bits, given advice, and generaly had a natter..

I did, very nice people to deal with..

Thanks. Was that recently?

I sent an enquiry two months ago (sales related) and another (product supply related) three weeks ago. No reponse.

Last edited:
I tried to contact Martin once, no reply, no acknowledgement, nada, bugger all, probably cos I'm in the UK and we dont count as far as they are concerned...

Could be a reason. Having had two awful dealings with US companies in recent years, I am very wary of buying from overseas. Too much of a risk, as they don't want to have to pay overseas postage on refunds for faulty equipement. (And one of those is one of the often recommended companies on this site, which was a huge let-down.)

But the Kala enquiry is nothing to do with any issues. I want to give them my money and a response is in their favour. Very odd.

Last edited:
Thanks mate, much appreciated. :)

Edit: Email bounced.

Last edited:
Well support responded to acknowledge my email, but now they've gone into hiding again.

I won't post anymore on this, but Kala currently don't appear to have functioning support department.

Awful, disjointed communication, with one response arriving two months later, others promising to help, but never followed up upon. I gave up eventually and won't be spending any more money with that company.

I wonder why you're even trying to contact Kala in the first place. If I bought a book and the binding was bad, I wouldn't contact the author; I would contact the store where I bought the book. Same thing with ukes. If I had something wrong with my Kala, I would contact my music store. They have a vested interest in making you happy and they will do all leg-work in contacting the company if need be.

That's all well and fine, but not really relevant to the thread.

As I said at the beginning, one enquiry is sales/product related and the other is about a support issue which the shop has been unable to help with.

The point is, that if Kala have a support contact on their website, they ought to make use of it.

Anyway, I just wanted to report my experiences. As I said, probably time to end this thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom