KoAloha Concert ukulele - case suggestions?

upskydowncloud

Reaction score
hi everyone,

I have a generic hard case for my KoAloha concert which fits the uke fine length ways but it is too deep on the body side. I could fill the void with padding of some sort but as the case is fairly average quality, I was looking for something that is better overall and fits fully without modification.

I've searched of the forum for this and can see that some Kala cases are recommended, as well as Oahu. I'm in the U.K. and haven't been able to find anyone that stocks Oahu cases unfortunately. Most of the threads on Kala are a number of years old and I haven't been able to locate the specific models mentioned.

Is anyone with a KoAloha concert able to recommend a decent hard case please? Space for a humidifier would be great (although I'm not looking at Ameritage-type prices!).

Thanks!

I know what you mean. Getting a case that will be snug is almost impossible without having the case and the uke in front of you to see how it fits. I have very few ukes that are a perfect fit in their cases, but I wonder if it matters. If there a half inch of space between the body and the soft, padded lining, is the uke likely to be damaged? My ukes go from a closet to where I'm playing, either in the house or outside somewhere. The uke moves around very little in the case. I'll take a look later and see what case I have for my KoAloha concert and check how it fits.

I don't know why all case-makers don't have a Velcro strap to hold the neck. That limits movement a great deal.

Mine is in an American Music Pro hard case, purchased from Amazon. Fits nicely in the body. Neck is in good position. A couple inches of space at the top. I keep humidifiers in mine during the winter months.

I have a Crossrock 800 that fits my KoAloha soprano like a glove. Not sure if the same would apply to the concert size, but I’d check out the dimensions online to see if it might. .

I was going to suggest Crossrock as well; I have a 400 (the "hybrid" series, hardcases with zippers, aluminium covered with plastic) for my Opio concert.

You could also ask the Southern Ukulele Store; their TGI cases might be a good fit, and they have plenty of Koalohas in store to try it out. ;)

The Hybrid cases are hard to find at the moment, but one or two German online stores still have them, as does the Mercatinodellukulele, in Italy.
It would be international shipping, but still within the EU (for now...), and shipping tend to work out ok.

Thanks for all of the help! I will check out the options on Southern Ukulele Store's site. The KoAloha cases look very cool, but may be too difficult to get over here!

I hadn't heard of Crossrock - they look really good.

I spent quite a while trying to post an answer - with links and pictures, but I wasn't allowed to post, and then it disappeared. I'll see if I can post a picture of my Crossrock. They have a nice fiberglass case on the Amazon UK site, but they don't have the regular hard case there.

I've used Stagg cases, and they to be good.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stagg-Twee...44&sr=8-15&keywords=concert+ukulele+hard+case

Case1.jpg

Oahu cases are now owned by HMS Hawaii Music Supply. Their hard cases are offered on their website TheUkuleleSite.com.

Top Bottom